What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Experts Please Answer - Prevent JB Ipad2 from Updating?

docfreed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am on 4.3.3 and Jailbreak - now that IOS5 is imminent, is there a way to prevent my Ipad2 from updating? And, if Apple launches OTA updates can they update in "stealth mode"? If so, can this be prevented (obviously WiFi can be turned off but this is not a solution).

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Like outlaw said, every update is optional. Apple will never send out "stealth updates" because it violates the user agreement.

And OTA updates are part of iOS 5, so you have to upgrade with iTunes first to even recieve OTA updates. And even then, they are optional.

OP
D

docfreed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ah, Thanks to you both..

So I do not have to update at all. From what I see, JB 4.3.3 should be better than stock 5.0 (and of course 4.3.5 does nothing for us).

biller007

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No u don't have to update. Do u have shsh blobs saved for 4.3.3?

biller007

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lol I scrolled up and still don't see where it says anything about shsh blobs for 4.3.3

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lol I scrolled up and still don't see where it says anything about shsh blobs for 4.3.3

By bad. Sorry. I thought this was another thread. My subscription list is 41 pages long. :D

But why are shsh blobs relevant? He was just asking about stealth updates.

biller007

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Was just going to tell him if he had them he could down grade if he updated accidentally. If he has the wifi non 3G model.

Most reactions

Latest posts