What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Error 3200 - wiped my iPad2, now trying to restore, no luck

msny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got the famous Error 3200, so like everyone else tryed the upgrade over and
over.

Finally told me my iPad did not have any valid OS or Apps and could not upgrade it???
What ??? It wiped it clean.

So now I've been running the restore option for over 2 hours.
I'm dead in the water. Can I get my paid apps back from the store
if there not in the restore?

This has NOT been a good experience today.
Any advice appreciated.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your frustrating experience. Are you restoring your iPad from your iTunes backup or restoring it to factory default? Either way it will take a while, remember it's a USB connection. If you're restoring from a previous backup it will take longer and your Apps, etc. should all be there. If you're restoring to factory default you can download all of your paid apps again at no charge.

3200 is a timeout error meaning that the connection to the Apple servers was lost (almost certainly due to high demand). It sounds like your database was corrupted. Once you restore your iPad you'll need to have patience as thousands of folks are connecting their iOS devices and Macs to obtain a number or updates, migrate to iCloud, etc. Things will improve but it will take some time.

Hang in there...it will work and best of luck!

charm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah IOS5 wiped my IPad completely also. I had to reboot the PC and the new ITunes 10 .5 (you have to upgrade to that version) opened with a Restore screen and now Ipadworks and shows os5
ICloud will not work even after getting a confirmation email from Apple but the instru tigons to go to settings just result in a failure message with no error codes
Makes windows updates not seem so bad

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah IOS5 wiped my IPad completely also. I had to reboot the PC and the new ITunes 10 .5 (you have to upgrade to that version) opened with a Restore screen and now Ipadworks and shows os5
ICloud will not work even after getting a confirmation email from Apple but the instru tigons to go to settings just result in a failure message with no error codes
Makes windows updates not seem so bad
Frustrating indeed. (I still wouldn't trade for the gazillion Windows updates a week...but...). The iCloud and other connection issues are still due to server loads. As time goes on they will smooth out.

OP
M

msny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
richsadams said:
Sorry to hear about your frustrating experience. Are you restoring your iPad from your iTunes backup or restoring it to factory default? Either way it will take a while, remember it's a USB connection. If you're restoring from a previous backup it will take longer and your Apps, etc. should all be there. If you're restoring to factory default you can download all of your paid apps again at no charge.

3200 is a timeout error meaning that the connection to the Apple servers was lost (almost certainly due to high demand). It sounds like your database was corrupted. Once you restore your iPad you'll need to have patience as thousands of folks are connecting their iOS devices and Macs to obtain a number or updates, migrate to iCloud, etc. Things will improve but it will take some time.

Hang in there...it will work and best of luck!

I was finally able to do a restore option which took about 2 hours.
I'm not sure why it wiped it clean first, but I do know that once the image
Is downloaded my PC remembered it and combined the restore
With all my apps.

It's al good now, thanks for your reply.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was finally able to do a restore option which took about 2 hours.
I'm not sure why it wiped it clean first, but I do know that once the image
Is downloaded my PC remembered it and combined the restore
With all my apps.

It's al good now, thanks for your reply.
Excellent to hear. Enjoy!

lizliew

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First of all i want to say that my transition to ios5 has been a dream and i came out of the experience with a lot of respect for Apple. I am an ipad user and find that i rely on it more and more and i hope one day to do away with the need to be desk bound altogether! When i am at home however i use my pc which is still on windows xp, which, until now, since i use it lesser than ever, served me well. I am happy with the ios streamlining my files from itouch to iphone to ipad but find now that the "find my ipad" function only works on icloud.( when i bought my itouch mobileme still existed so i registered it there and it works fine with the xp platform. How do i to get round this? Put simply- icloud on xp platform for find my ipad feature?

Most reactions

Latest posts