What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Enhance iPad's sound with The Amplifier from BiteMyApple

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
Screen-Shot-2013-04-25-at-18.09.20.jpg

​
As wonderful a gadget the iPad is, using it while your daughter is singing in the next room (for example) might be a challenge. Regardless if you are trying to watch a music video or to take a sneak peak of your favorite TV show, you might experience problems with the sound levels.

But an innovative Kickstarter team discovered that if users cupped their hand over the back, the sound produced was greatly intensified. So they decided to use this little observation they made to create a sound enhancing technology for the iPad.

They designed a very simple cup looking accessory made out of plastic that can be attached to the edges of the tablet. Instead of all the sound being propagated into the environment, the cup will redirect it towards your ears. And it actually works, so by using the technology nicknamed The Amplifier you will add 10 decibels to the sound levels of your tablet.​​

The Amplifier could also be a very fun thing for children as it comes in six different and vivid colors – red, green, blue, orange and the classic black and white.

If you are interested in the idea and you think you might benefit from it, you can help the company behind the project, BiteMyApple, raise its $10,000 funding goal. To do so, head on to their official Kickstarter page and order your Amplifier for just $25 a piece. It’s certainly not a professional speaker, but it’s an easy and cheap way of getting more sound when you need it.

Source: CultOfMac

cwinter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just put my hand right there when I hold the iPad.

I should charge $0.99 for that tip. ;-)

Iceman541

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And all along I thought using the blue tooth headset that works with my iPhone was the simple solution. But not to worry, everybody who bought pet rocks will be lining up for this opportunity.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just put my hand right there when I hold the iPad.

I should charge $0.99 for that tip. ;-)

Me too. But it'd be nice if the iPad speaker faced the user instead of away from them. Kind of lame. Ya gotta crank it pretty good to hear it well. Or, use your hand.....that's like adding a giant subwoofer to the unit. .:)

Most reactions

Latest posts