What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Emails

Greg Martin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sometimes even after I delete all emails from the mailbox,trash and junk, a day or so later they sometimes come back,it's a mystery to me.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Try to access the email account through a browser and delete them there. Hopefully this will prevent them from reappearing.

Perhaps deleting and reinstalling the account will solve your problem, if my first suggestion doesn't work. It will help in most cases.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Open Safari or another browser. Access your email account, login. Like this:
image.jpg

Go to the emails that reappear on your iPad and delete them.

Or:
Go to Settings - Mails, Contacts, Calendars. Tap your email account and delete it. That done, set it up again.

Hope it's easier to understand this advice.

Last edited:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Some accounts give the possibility to choose what to do with deleted emails on the server.
In Settings - Mails, Contacts, Calendars tap the email account that shows deleted emails again. Choose "Advanced":

image-2195837663.jpg

Go to "Deleted Mailbox":

image-970530474.jpg

And choose what you prefer in "On the server":

image-485645894.jpg

Most reactions

Latest posts