What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When sliding from the right apps not showing up

Greysquirrel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I swipe from the right to see other apps the only app that shows up is mail, when I first got my iPad a week ago when I swipe from the right it showed a vertical row of apps. Looked in settings and could not see anything that looked like a reference to this operation, but then being new I may not know what to look for.
Also sometime when I trash all messages and they go to trash the next time I open mail I have a message saying messages could not be trashed, then I trash them all again and they stay trashed, then a few days later I get the same message. Not a big problem but is there a fix for this?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
To your first question:
There should be a small line visible on top of the bar with the Mail app in Slide Over view. Slide it down, to show the other apps as well:
image.jpeg

image.png

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
For your email account:
Go to Settings - Mail, Contacts, Calendars on your iPad. Tap the account that doesn't always remove emails. Tap the email address at the top, then slide down to Advanced and tap this as well.
On the next screen, take a look at Mailbox Behaviours. Select "Deleted Mailbox" there (not the one in "Move discarded messages to"):
image.jpeg

Tap it, and make sure that the account is removing "On the server", and that something like "Deleted Messages" is selected:
image.jpeg

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
OP
G

Greysquirrel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your replies, can't remember how many times I swiped my finger on the mail to see if it would move as that seemed like the logical thing to do, but never ever did I notice the black line at the top. Thanks for the explanation of that and thanks for the email suggestions from those who replied to that question.

Most reactions

Latest posts