What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lost emails

Richard Hexter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
somehow I have lost all the emails from my inbox. I have no idea how I did it or where they have gone. I have looked at each of the folders in my mailbox, but cannot see them. At the time, I was doing a trash of a few, but I can't see how I would have deleted them all. Any ideas please, what did I do, where would they have gone, can I get them back?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you can access the email account with the lost emails online (browser), login and make sure they are still there.

Turn off Mail for the account that causes your problem, then turn it on again. Another option would be to remove the account completely (after making sure the emails are still there), and reinstall it.

On your iPad, take a look at your settings, in Settings - Mail - Accounts. If it's an Outlook/Hotmail account, go to Mail Days to Sync, and make sure the period you selected there (1 Day, ... No Limit) is set up correctly.

OP
Richard Hexter

Richard Hexter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. I am a sky.com user. Logged in to my account there, and my inbox contains just today's incoming mail. Could it be anything to do with the recent yahoo problems I wonder? Could Sky get them back for me?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If there were problems with yahoo, it's possible that your issue is related to it. Contant Sky, in any case, so that they know about your problem. No idea whether or not they can help getting back the emails. I hope it will be possible to retrieve them.

Most reactions

Latest posts