What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragonvale Tips & Tricks! (NO Friend Requests!)

Snalfa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think that if you have one dragon level 8 and one level 7 (plant vs fire) and you want a flower, that is fire-plant, put a nr 8 fire to the left, and à nr 7 plant to the right. If you want à poison the opposite level 8 plant to left and 7 fire to the right. Hopefully I'm breeding à fog at the moment, then I have them all except the rainbow.

Snalfa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ops, I think I have an blue breeding and I have à fog incubate.

Ubergazz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok guys to get the cold fire dragon you have to make a snow dragon or any dragon with cold as a parent then mix that with fire because when you breed with a hybrid it will use any of the parents as a "donor" to use the only example I could think of :p Try it a f times and it should work:) Best of luck to all:)

Zzombabe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do dragons disappear for any reason? I could swear I had 3 plant dragons and now I only have two. He is not breeding or in colosseum. Do they fly away?

I am also already feeling bad about he gifting situation. I have received a gift from someone who is not listed as a friend. Is that even possible or could the gifting name be different from the friend name?

Love my dragons so far and spending WAY too much time in Dragonvale. :)

dragontamer2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Zzombabe said:
Do dragons disappear for any reason? I could swear I had 3 plant dragons and now I only have two. He is not breeding or in colosseum. Do they fly away?

I am also already feeling bad about he gifting situation. I have received a gift from someone who is not listed as a friend. Is that even possible or could the gifting name be different from the friend name?

Love my dragons so far and spending WAY too much time in Dragonvale. :)

You may have sold your dragon by accident or it could be "hiding" around it's habitat... Also with the gifting incident people can change their username in the GC numerous times and sometimes you have to log out of the GC and log back in to get them to appear in your friend list on Dragonvale

kitkatbaby714

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Artemis said:
OK, in case someone missed my earlier post, here is a link to my Blog, it is most of my breeding results. I just finished updating it, there are the results of over 175 breedings. I hope this helps people. Just remember there's no guarantee, but it's a good starting place to look for what you want. Good Luck to all getting those dragons you are trying for!
User blog:ArtemisJ/BREEDING RESULTS - DragonVale Wiki

Thanks again for taking the time to do this blog. It helps a lot.

fishcube

iPF Noob
Reaction score
15donahun said:
Um... Make sure fire is first because it may go in a certain order... Wait! What level are you? You may have to be a certain lv

I am level 17.

fishcube

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Artemis said:
OK, to answer a few questions here:
The 3 new dragons are: Blue Fire, Scorch, and Fog.
If you aren't seeing them in the eggs screen, and you've already done the new update, try updating again. I know someone who had that problem today and had to do the update twice for it to work.
I got Scorch on my first try it was: Lightning on the left and fire on the right in the breeding screen for me. Egg looks just like firefly egg, hatch time is 3 hours, it's red with a turquoise lightning bolt.
I got my Blue Fire on my first try also it was: Fire on the left and Ice on the right in the breeding screen for me. Egg is Red with white snow flakes. (and yes cold is not compatible with fire)
I'm still working on the Fog, but I'll let you know when I get it.

When I put fire on left and ice on right, I get an ice dragon ?? The blue fire must be random.

fishcube

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Alstuff said:
I just read all the old posts. Nothing about how to breed a rainbow. I think the posts about how they got a secret way is just BS.
Artemis give the most help with posts.
Thanks to the two friends who have been exchanging gifts with me and as for the others I have gifted-whatever happened to reciprocity?
Alstuff

Not BS. I bred a Crystal and a Blazing and got a rainbow. See my island - GoatKnit. I did not buy it. But as stated in my other three posts, I tried this same combo again and didnt get a rainbow.

Last edited:

fishcube

iPF Noob
Reaction score
fishcube said:
When I put fire on left and ice on right, I get an ice dragon ?? The blue fire must be random.

Saw blue fire in list of dragon eggs to buy, and it says it's made with a fire and cold dragon, but that combo says incompatible ?

fishcube

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What are the best ways to gain XP points to level up? Fastest way? Without using tons of gems?

15donahun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hm... Idk... Maybe clearing your islands, breeding dragons, and planting dragon fruit! Other wise idk...

Most reactions

Latest posts