What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragonvale Tips & Tricks! (NO Friend Requests!)

Artemis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok guys to get the cold fire dragon you have to make a snow dragon or any dragon with cold as a parent then mix that with fire because when you breed with a hybrid it will use any of the parents as a "donor" to use the only example I could think of :p Try it a f times and it should work:) Best of luck to all:)
I've been doing Fire 1st with Ice 2nd, out of 5 tries, I got 3 Blue Fire Dragons and 2 Ice Dragons, so the odds for that are pretty good for me, better than 50%.

Artemis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I put fire on left and ice on right, I get an ice dragon ?? The blue fire must be random.

Keep trying, 3 out of 5 tries I got the Blue instead of the Ice, so my odds at least are better than 50%.

Artemis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What are the best ways to gain XP points to level up? Fastest way? Without using tons of gems?
No really quick way, clearing islands of rocks and trees, completeing Goals, and breeding and selling dragons, oh and depending on your level I know several people who have lots of gold to spare and they buy and sell the Dragon Inn over and over (it costs 100,000 to buy, sells for only half that but you get 50,000 xp for placing it each time.)

dragontamer2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Artemis said:
You don't until it hatches, not only do they look alike but they also have the same incubation time. UGH!

Thanks Artemis! You are a pro at this game! I hatched a scorch dragon btw the firefly creeps me out! Lol

Artemis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh note on the other 2 new dragons Fog and Scorch, so far my breeding odds are at 100%. For Fog I'm doing Water 1st and Air 2nd and got 5 out of 5 times Fog. For Scorch I'm doing Lightning 1st and Fire 2nd and got 4 out of 4 times Scorch. Hope this works for everyone else also. Good Luck!

fishcube

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Artemis said:
No really quick way, clearing islands of rocks and trees, completeing Goals, and breeding and selling dragons, oh and depending on your level I know several people who have lots of gold to spare and they buy and sell the Dragon Inn over and over (it costs 100,000 to buy, sells for only half that but you get 50,000 xp for placing it each time.)

Yes have been buying the Inns, it helps. I have almost all trees and rocks off islands, goals are all done, and have bought, bred and sold a lot. But still less then half of level 17.

Nitza71

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rainbow dragon

Well guys can confirm that lava on the left and swamp on the right works for a rainbow dragon. Both level 7 but it took 10 times to get the egg. Woot now have every dragon. :)

Artemis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes have been buying the Inns, it helps. I have almost all trees and rocks off islands, goals are all done, and have bought, bred and sold a lot. But still less then half of level 17.
I was stuck at 17 1/2 for a long time also, I think besides doing the Inns I also picked to breed dragons with the highest XP for selling. Crystal, Mud give 10,000 XP, Sonic and Blazing and Fog give 15,000 XP, Blue Fire gives 20,000 XP.

Artemis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well guys can confirm that lava on the left and swamp on the right works for a rainbow dragon. Both level 7 but it took 10 times to get the egg. Woot now have every dragon. :)
CONGRATS!!! Well, you canfirm that it worked for you 1 time, but not guaranteed for everyone or even if it will do it again for you, but Good Luck!

UGH, well, just to prove that it is TRUELY RANDOM, I went and did the combo 20 times in a Row and I got Lava x1, Tree x 3, Poison X3, Swamp x 1, Flower x 6, Seaweed x 3, and Mud x 3! As I have suspected there really is no "Certain Way" to get Rainbow! It's like going to Vegas and playing the roulette wheel, you pick a pair and you Gamble and hope Lady Luck is on your side! Well, I'm up to over 400 breedings, so I figure there is no reason to Stress out on getting Rainbow. LOL In the meantime I'll just keep crossing my fingers, and spinning the wheel of Fate and hoping Lady Luck will smile down on me one of these days. ROFL

Last edited:

Snalfa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Artemis said:
CONGRATS!!! Well, you canfirm that it worked for you 1 time, but not guaranteed for everyone or even if it will do it again for you, but Good Luck!

UGH, well, just to prove that it is TRUELY RANDOM, I went and did the combo 20 times in a Row and I got Lava x1, Tree x 3, Poison X3, Swamp x 1, Flower x 6, Seaweed x 3, and Mud x 3! As I have suspected there really is no "Certain Way" to get Rainbow! It's like going to Vegas and playing the roulette wheel, you pick a pair and you Gamble and hope Lady Luck is on your side! Well, I'm up to over 400 breedings, so I figure there is no reason to Stress out on getting Rainbow. LOL In the meantime I'll just keep crossing my fingers, and spinning the wheel of Fate and hoping Lady Luck will smile down on me one of these days. ROFL

How can you breed so often, do you have a giant pile of games? or is there any other way to speed up the process?

15donahun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Snalfa said:
How can you breed so often, do you have a giant pile of games? or is there any other way to speed up the process?

HAha yeah I was wondering that too...

Most reactions

Latest posts