What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragonvale Tips & Tricks! (NO Friend Requests!)

Artemis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,from alstuff, New to Dragonvale and gaming. Seem to be addicted already.
I don't understand the gift thing. I have 4 friends listed, but their names are greyed out and I can't gift them.
Also, how do you know what you are gifting? Can't find an explanation anywhere.
AND my gems are disappearing!! what,s the deal? I had 4 now I have one. GAAK!

Welcome alstuff. I'm addicted to dragonvale also lol. At this point you can only give 3 gifts a day, the gift they get is a gem. You can only give one gift to a person once every 24 hours, so if you give one at say noon today to friend x then you can't give friend x another gift until noon tomorrow, they will be Breyer out until then under gift. Also make sure and visit them each day and click on the 3 party hats on their island so you can get gold from doing that. As far as your missing gems are you sure you didn't use them accidentally? Hope this all helps, make sure to read the posts in this section that refer to the wiki and the google doc they both have a lot of answers also.

Artemis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do I get Willow dragon? I've tried serval different combos with no success.

I got willow from the basic Plant + the Air dragon, but it's all luck, so keep trying and try reversing order of them. Good luck!

Ubergazz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Denver7952 said:
Hello I'm not necisarrily new to this I'm level 14 and up until now I've been riding solo on this game and am currently trying to get a crystal dragon with little luck if you could please add me I am Denver7952

Crystal is earth and lightning;) which order it is I am not sure but try it both ways:) look in the eggs market and it will tell you which two you need to mix. All except air which is fire and water.

fishcube

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got a rainbow dragon from a breeding !!! :) beautiful! Sells for 2,500,000. Come visit my islands to see it! GoatKnit

kitkatbaby714

iPF Noob
Reaction score
fishcube said:
I got a rainbow dragon from a breeding !!! :) beautiful! Sells for 2,500,000. Come visit my islands to see it! GoatKnit

What 2 dragons did you breed?? What level were they at?

kitkatbaby714

iPF Noob
Reaction score
its_ali94 said:
Is it a good idea to get a second island if you don't really need the space?

You get dragon cash and level up points when you get a new island. Then when you have the island you have to clear the trees and rocks which also helps you level up

kitkatbaby714

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Could the rainbow dragon have to do with more then just the ones you breed, but more with which ones you used to breed the ones you use to breed? Did that make sense? Water and plant make seaweed. Earth/fire Lava. Lightning/air Sonic. Cold/earth Mountain
Then take those and breed: seaweed/Lava ? Sonic/mountain ? Then ?/? To make a rainbow maybe?

Alstuff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want to buy a water habitat but all my habitats are Breyer out. do you have tobe certain level to get water? I am a 14
Alstuff

Artemis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want to buy a water habitat but all my habitats are Breyer out. do you have tobe certain level to get water? I am a 14
Alstuff
You can get water at level 14, but you may have already used up your allotted amount of habitats you can have at level 14. Best thing to do is upgrade some habitats you already have and move your dragons around until you have an empty habitat then sell it, so you can then buy a water habitat.

Noodlebear007

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Artemis said:
OK, so I'll share what I've had so far. I'm a lvl 16. I have all but the rainbow & I've tried all the different suggestions so far, needless to say it's still random I can mix the same pair 3 times and get 3 different dragons or 3 of the same, no rhyme or reason, guess it's just luck.

Here are the ones I've had success reproducing most of the time with these pairs, but no guarantees, good luck!
MUD - ice, earth
MOSS - plant, mountain
TREE - plant, earth
FLOWER - plant, fire
SONIC - air, lightning
SNOW - air, cold
MOUNTAIN - earth, cold
STORM - cold, lightning

Hope these work as well for you all as they have for me!

Just started so thanks for this.
Noodlebear007

kitkatbaby714

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you are just starting out, level up the earth dragon because the earth habitat holds the most income. When you are not playing the fire and plant habitat fill quick, earth takes a while.

Most reactions

Latest posts