What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragonvale Tips & Tricks! (NO Friend Requests!)

fishcube

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So any other way to get Air dragon other than saving up 500 gems or spending $25 for 750 gems? Gonna take months to acquire 500 gems. :(

Artemis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So any other way to get Air dragon other than saving up 500 gems or spending $25 for 750 gems? Gonna take months to acquire 500 gems. :(
Fire & Water make Air Dragon, but it's all luck as to how often you get it!

Valenitup

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello Fellow DragonVale Friends,
From what I've noticed (lvl 18 and worth $18 Million) you breed dragons based on the flags on the eggs page. There is a left and right side in the breeding section and it's important to add the correct dragon on each side to improve your chances of getting what you're looking for. For instance a chrystal dragon can be made from a lightning dragon on the left and an earth dragon on the right. They are an awesome source of cash. The earth habitats hold 75,000 Dragoncash as opposed to the plant habitat's 500 DC. I have not paid gems for any of my dragons yet and I have them all except the rainbow. That one is proving difficult to breed as it is a 1% chance you will get a rainbow dragon. You can always look at the time it takes to breed or incubate (they are the same amount of time) by pressing the "Incubate" button. It will give you the time left breeding and the number of gems it costs to speed it up (one per hour of time) then simply press "No" if you don't want to use the gems. You can check the eggs section and see how long the dragon you are looking for will take. The rarer dragons typically take 8 hours. The rainbow takes 48. Buying and placing the DragINN from the 'Decorations' section earns you XP and a higher island value. They also have a small footprint so you can do it many times. They cost 100,000 DC. If you look at the top players, many have them everywhere. I love this game! Hope this helps. Any questions, feel free. Also, if you have advice for the right combination for a rainbow dragon breeding, please, let me know. Happy Valing!

Flixor13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I've found that by going to the market and selecting the "eggs" section and looking at the little flags beneath each dragon is very helpful to breed it. I've tried breeding 3 dragons so far by putting them in the exact order of the egg flags and have 100% success so far with that. Besides that my best advice is to visit all of your friends daily! Every friend that you visit has 3 party hats around their islands and by tapping these hats you get free coins. I'm a level 13 right now and get 1,690 coins per hat! (That's 5,070 coins per friend) do that for 10 or more friends and you really start making some serious coins :)

Flixor13

crafton2677

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dragonvale!!!

This thread is for Tips And Tricks only. Not requests. They will be deleted. Edited by moderator.

Last edited by a moderator:

kitkatbaby714

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Valenitup said:
Hello Fellow DragonVale Friends,
From what I've noticed (lvl 18 and worth $18 Million) you breed dragons based on the flags on the eggs page. There is a left and right side in the breeding section and it's important to add the correct dragon on each side to improve your chances of getting what you're looking for. For instance a chrystal dragon can be made from a lightning dragon on the left and an earth dragon on the right. They are an awesome source of cash. The earth habitats hold 75,000 Dragoncash as opposed to the plant habitat's 500 DC. I have not paid gems for any of my dragons yet and I have them all except the rainbow. That one is proving difficult to breed as it is a 1% chance you will get a rainbow dragon. You can always look at the time it takes to breed or incubate (they are the same amount of time) by pressing the "Incubate" button. It will give you the time left breeding and the number of gems it costs to speed it up (one per hour of time) then simply press "No" if you don't want to use the gems. You can check the eggs section and see how long the dragon you are looking for will take. The rarer dragons typically take 8 hours. The rainbow takes 48. Buying and placing the DragINN from the 'Decorations' section earns you XP and a higher island value. They also have a small footprint so you can do it many times. They cost 100,000 DC. If you look at the top players, many have them everywhere. I love this game! Hope this helps. Any questions, feel free. Also, if you have advice for the right combination for a rainbow dragon breeding, please, let me know. Happy Valing!

Thanks! Very helpful.

dragonvaler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im trying to find friends. Im new to Dragonvale but totally addicted. looking for people to give gifts to and recieve gifts from. Im Moonsbeau. also anyone know how to get jems with out paying for them? Thanks.

Ubergazz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only thing that I have heard is that the higher the level of the breeding dragons, the more of a chance to get the rainbow :D also my friend got it with a level 10 crystal dragon and a level 10 blazing dragon which is air and fire which air is fire and water. It makes sense if you think about it because the blaze would shine through the crystal making a spectrum or rainbow:) so I am going to try that for a while to see if it helps. If anyone else has tips please post^-^

kitkatbaby714

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do I get Willow dragon? I've tried serval different combos with no success.

Alstuff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,from alstuff, New to Dragonvale and gaming. Seem to be addicted already.
I don't understand the gift thing. I have 4 friends listed, but their names are greyed out and I can't gift them.
Also, how do you know what you are gifting? Can't find an explanation anywhere.
AND my gems are disappearing!! what,s the deal? I had 4 now I have one. GAAK!

Denver7952

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello I'm not necisarrily new to this I'm level 14 and up until now I've been riding solo on this game and am currently trying to get a crystal dragon with little luck if you could please add me I am Denver7952

Robert22

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tips and tricks only. This is your last warning! Edited by moderator

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

Latest posts