What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Download Apple appliation without iTunes

VKS Karthikeyan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am new to Apple/iOS. I want to install a free application from iTunes (ex. Flipkart).
But I don't want to share my Credit card information in iTunes. Is there anyways to download application from Apple stores without iTunes?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am new to Apple/iOS. I want to install a free application from iTunes (ex. Flipkart).
But I don't want to share my Credit card information in iTunes. Is there anyways to download application from Apple stores without iTunes?
I'm afraid not. The only legal and legitimate place to obtain iOS apps is the App Store.

Try this if you do not already have an iTunes account. Go to the App Store and attempt to download the free app. You will get a pop up asking you to sign into an existing account or set up a new account. Choose to set up a new account. When you get to the part about adding a payment method, select none. If this works, you'll be able to download the free app. If, in the future, you want to buy a paid app, you can add an iTunes gift card to your account. If you don't get the option to select none as a payment method you'll have to add a credit card to your account. You'll still have the option of using iTunes gift cards to pay for iTunes and App Store purchases.

BTW, the iTunes, App Store, and Apple online store are some of the most secure places to use your credit card while shopping online.

OP
V

VKS Karthikeyan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your immediate response. I will try iTunes gift card. I could download free apps from App store.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for your immediate response. I will try iTunes gift card. I could download free apps from App store.
You're welcome. If you've never used an iTunes gift card before, here's how to redeem it. Go to the featured page of the App Store and scroll to the bottom of the page. Tap the redeem button, sign in to your account and select Use Camera from the pop up that appears. Aim your iPad camera at the redemption code on the back of the card and it will be automatically scanned and the value added to your iTunes account where it can be used for App Store and iTunes purchases.
image.jpg

Most reactions

Latest posts