What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to get a refund on an App from iTunes store

Poita

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A couple of times I have bought the iPhone version of an app instead of the desired iPad version. I see it on some site and click on the link then don't notice it's the iPhone version until its already downloading. I did it with 'GOODREADER' just a few weeks ago. That was a wasted £2.99
I just assumed there is no way to reverse the purchase. There should be though, especially if you can show you just bought the iPad version right after.
It would be good if they could make the iPad and iPhone screens dramatically different as I haver very slight dyslexia and also I'm a bit colour blind so it's an easy mistake to make.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just want to share that I was successful in getting back a few bucks on an app that didn't work out for me. The process worked just as described, I emailed them and heard back the next day. Refund on its way within 5-7 business days.

Easy as pie. Or cake.

holy2411

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iTunes Store, Mac App Store, App Store, and iBookstore services (“Servicesâ€) accept these forms of payment: credit cards issued by U.S. banks, payments through your PayPal account, iTunes Cards, iTunes Store Gift Certificates, Content Codes, and Allowance Account balances. If a credit card or your PayPal account is being used for a transaction, Apple may obtain preapproval for an amount up to the amount of the order. Billing occurs at the time of or shortly after your transaction. If you are using 1-Click purchasing or your PayPal account, your order may be authorized and billed in increments during one purchasing session, so it may appear as multiple orders on your statement. If an iTunes Card, iTunes Store Gift Certificate, or Allowance Account is used for a transaction, the amount is deducted at the time of your transaction. When making purchases, content credits are used first, followed by Gift Certificate, iTunes Card, or Allowance Account credits; your credit card or PayPal account is then charged for any remaining balance.

Dowell5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had no clue you could refund a app once purchased... great info. Definitely going to get some of my money back.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
#4 is incorrect. You cannot get a refund if you buy it by accident.

They will not even give a refund to people who have had their accounts hacked an other people purchased things.

Only refunds are for errors on apples part and you were never able to get the application to download.

They update these terms that you must agree to often.
not true,i bought a music track and a few days later Apple gave it away as part of The 12 days of Christmas,i contacted apple and they gave me a refund,i know this is an old thread but it's still relevant.

Last edited:

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
not true,i bought a music track and a few days later Apple gave it away as part of The 12 days of Christmas,i contacted apple and they gave me a refund,i know this is an old thread but it's still relevant.

I'm always amazed at what you can achieve if you only just ask. ;)

Most reactions

Latest posts