What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Won't let me use itunes balance to buy a book

linmarie123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an itunes balance from a gift card. I tried to use it to buy a book on my ipad mini and it requested credit card information. Do I have to put in credit card information (the old credit card expired) when I have a balance in itunes. Also, if I do have to put in the credit card information, how do I know the books is being paid with the itunes balance and not my credit card?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have an itunes balance from a gift card. I tried to use it to buy a book on my ipad mini and it requested credit card information. Do I have to put in credit card information (the old credit card expired) when I have a balance in itunes. Also, if I do have to put in the credit card information, how do I know the books is being paid with the itunes balance and not my credit card?
Hi, welcome to iPF!

As longs as you have an iTunes balance, the amounts of your purchase will be deducted from there. If the amount is higher than that, your credit card will be charged for it.

Take a look at your Apple ID, especially the payment information. If you use the credit card information of the expired credit card, this could be the reason for your problem.

Most reactions

Latest posts