What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you use the default 'Sent from my iPad' signature?

Do you use the default signature on your device?

• Yes

Votes: 107 45.3%
  • No

Votes: 63 26.7%
  • I use my own signature

Votes: 66 28.0%

• Total voters

DM51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Removing that text and adding my own name was one of the very first things that I did when I set my iPad up. It is not really necessary in my opinion.

Quite right - t's not necessary at all; but it's a very simple and effective ploy by Apple to insert spam by default into every email sent by those who haven't bothered to remove it.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Soooo...has everyone removed the name badges from their cars as well? Soooo unnecessary. ;)

I would prefer to drive a badge-free car, but it would be stupid to remove and leave open holes in your car. When I buy a car, I make sure the dealer doesn't add one of those dealership decals or license plate frames.

When I got my iPads, I immediately removed the email sig and covered the Apple logo on the back.

55julie55

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I proudly sign mine
Sent from Julie's iPad
Show off why ever not

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hell yeah! Why not? I'm a showoff too! I thought you all knew that!

sent with love from my iPad on IPF

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I proudly sign mine
Sent from Julie's iPad
Show off why ever not

To each his own, of course. I don't consider buying an electronic gadget an "accomplishment" worth flaunting. When I see that sort of sig, it lowers my opinion of the sender, as if they have a low bar for what they consider an accomplishment.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think you are taking our answers far too seriously! My iPad and iPod touch's haven't got theirs anymore. It's only the new iPhone 4 that I have it on and that's only because I've got far better things to play with than change the sig on my phone!

extendedforecast

iPF Noob
Reaction score
"Sent from a mobile device with a virtual keyboard."

I don't like errors in.my emails. The hubby's iPad though? Have to keep the iPad in the sig. It seems to have a fairly agressive autocorrect (which he won't turn off since he can't spell phonetically) so he ends up sending out some blog worthy HYSTERICAL emails!

Sent from my Android 3.1 Motorola Xoom Tablet!

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think you are taking our answers far too seriously! My iPad and iPod touch's haven't got theirs anymore. It's only the new iPhone 4 that I have it on and that's only because I've got far better things to play with than change the sig on my phone!

You're free to show off as you please, of course. But don't bother with the "I have far better things to do" claim.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I'm away from the office I use the sig as it (generally) stops people from sending me huge attachments as they realise that I am mobile, apart from that I don't generally use it.

The Archangel

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
If I'm away from the office I use the sig as it (generally) stops people from sending me huge attachments as they realise that I am mobile, apart from that I don't generally use it.

The Archangel

Good point, i had trouble with attachments on the phone

Sent from my iPad using iPF, using iOS 4.3.2

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There's no showoff about "send using iPF using xxxx's iPad" as this is a iPad forum. If this was let's say a food forum then it would be a showoff.

Sent from my interestingcompanionPad using iPF!

Most reactions

Latest posts