What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you turn off up your Device?

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have several iOS devices, started with iOS just after the iPhone 4s was released. I don't turn them off at night, just plug them into the charger if needed.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, I have to agree w/ the others, leave my iPad, MBPro, & iMac on all of the time unless we are going out of town - will then shut down the computers (will also shut down the iMac in an electric storm) - wife has an iPad Mini & iPhone 6 which I tell her to just leave on - her iPad has a smart cover so goes into sleep mode.

NOW, to the OP, do you feel the need to 'turn off' your devices and if so, why? Dave :)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I normally turn off a device only when I'm not going to be using it for quite a while, longer than the charge will last in standby mode.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Rarely turn off as it means entering passcode rather than fingerprint when turning on again.

Good point if you have an iPad w/ the fingerprint technology - own the iPad Air 2 and in my mind, one of the best features on the device - also, love it on the wife's iPhone 6 - Dave :)

John903

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have turn it on at night, it's my alarm clock every morning.

Most reactions

Latest posts