What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ICloud photos??

Kenworth

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi all,
Can't find the iCloud photos in my wife's Air2. Been trying on/off for 6 months.
All that loads is the screen that says:

Set up iCloud on this device.
Open find my iPhone.
Open find my friends.

Going to set up iCloud on this device....
1. Make sure your device is running the latest version of iOS......yes it is.
2. Turn on icloud......turned on.
3. Enable automatic downloads......done.

Back up is turned on, photos are on and everything else that can be on is on! Where are the iCloud photos??

I have no problem at all finding all the icons on my windows 7 computers after logging on with the Apple ID and password. Photos, e mail and all the others. A "log-on" screen actually comes up!

Where on earth are they on this Air2?? Thanks, Ken.

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
iCloud Photo Library is a syncing service for the Photos app, there is no seperate place to see them on the iPad. It saves your photos to iCloud Storage, where they are synced to all your other devices and computers that use the same iCloud Photo Library (same iCloud account).

You can also view them in a computer’s web browser by going to icloud.com and signing in with your Apple ID.

Depending on the speed of your internet service, and the number of photos in your library it can take a while for all photos to sync to/from iCloud. You can see the sync status at the bottom of the Photos tab in the app.

4DF9C9C3-45B1-48C8-AA47-9AAF5829D08F.jpeg

OP
Kenworth

Kenworth

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for all the info. I've been ok seeing them on the windows computers. No problem there.
It's just nuts that you can't see them on the very tablet computer they were generated on!
Ken

OP
Kenworth

Kenworth

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks J7,
That's no problem. What I was looking for was ICloud pictures on the iPad which were uploaded via backup to iCloud. Can't access them on the iPad. Only the windows machines here....Ken

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Automatic Downloads has nothing to do with iCloud or your images. You can download apps, music, books or updates automatically.

Do you have iCloud Photo Library enabled?

As you can see the images on the PC, they have to be somewhere in iCloud, and if that’s the case, they are not backed up. iCloud syncs them to all devices connected to the iCloud ID. It doesn’t store them.

OP
Kenworth

Kenworth

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Automatic Downloads has nothing to do with iCloud or your images. You can download apps, music, books or updates automatically.

Do you have iCloud Photo Library enabled?

As you can see the images on the PC, they have to be somewhere in iCloud, and if that’s the case, they are not backed up. iCloud syncs them to all devices connected to the iCloud ID. It doesn’t store them.

I'm not trying to download anything. Photo Library is enabled as well as all the rest that I mentioned in my first post.
Yes....I can see all the 507 photos when I log onto iCloud which is all I need.

You will note my only "original" question.......where are the iCloud photos on the iPad? Which was answered by the first responder.
Been using iPads since 2011.
Thanks for your help.......Ken

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I was referring to your first post in this thread, where you said you’ve enabled automatic downloads.

This sounds weird, though. If you use iCloud Photo Library, the images should also be visible on your iPad, in the Photos app, not only online, or on your computer.

Most reactions