What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you turn off your iPad?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I turn mine off all the time if I'm not going to be using it and I'm not home what's the point of having it on hour after hour day after day? It is ready for use so quickly

Notifications, facetime calls, iMessages, google voice calls, etc. However, do as you please.

FunkatronJive

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
Notifications, facetime calls, iMessages, google voice calls, etc. However, do as you please.

I suppose that's my problem.... This is my first iPad so I don't do google voice calls or FaceTime with anyone.... I only have two friends who also have iPhones or iPads and we just don't do FaceTime etc...... So I don't iMessage anyone on my iPad either... My iPhone is on all day and I turn it off at night also so I am not tempted to pick it up every time I wake up (I have a 6 month old so I am often waking up to check on him)

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I suppose that's my problem.... This is my first iPad so I don't do google voice calls or FaceTime with anyone.... I only have two friends who also have iPhones or iPads and we just don't do FaceTime etc...... So I don't iMessage anyone on my iPad either... My iPhone is on all day and I turn it off at night also so I am not tempted to pick it up every time I wake up (I have a 6 month old so I am often waking up to check on him)

I would not say this is a problem...if you're happy...the only reason I would suggest you consider leaving it on is if the off chance, the very unlikely chance, that you have to grab it to make a call to the po-po...I've heard horror stories that involved folks hiding in closets with only a cell phone to get help. Again, this is unlikely and I'm not trying to scare you or anything.

saholz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I shut mine down if I don't intend to use if for several hours, and overnight. When recharging, it doesn't matter since it will go to a standby state whether you leave it on or off. No big deal either way.

raveneap

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Only had my IP/3 for a week or so. Have turned it off at night or when not using it for a few hours. Why? Have no idea - maybe I'll just let it go to stand by and fully turn it off once a week or so.

ticka1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Once it goes to sleep it automatically disconnects from 4G network? This is my first iPad.

Chantelle310

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Never turn mine off either. Unless as a few other people have stated it needs to be turned off for a reboot etc. same goes with my iPhone.

Sent from my White iPad 3rd Gen. 32gb using Tapatalk

beesknees

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Seadog said:
I do a shutdown every couple weeks to make sure it goes through a reboot procedure on occassion.

+1

I did have to reboot one of mine last week because the ipf app kept giving me errors...

In 2 years I have only had to reboot 3 times for cause between 3 devices (including last week). But I do reboot them at least once a month for health and prevention.

Most reactions

Latest posts