What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

do you keep your ipad with you at all time now

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
5-0 allows Ham radio monitoring or scanner monitoring on iPad

since i gotten rid of the laptop in my life and went to a desktop for surfing the web along with useing it more for other things now ..

so do keep it with you when out away from the desktop at work or at home .has it become a another piece of gear that you keep on you at all times to use when it need like the phone and the credit card ..

I have gotten into the habit of taking it with me everywhere. I have the bags etc., but I seem to carry it in the Apple case as a normal folder since it is very light.

I have been listening to Nashville Fire EMS which is dealing with a serious situation. As a matter of fact as I type this on the desktop they just found another drowning victim.

They had 22" of rain in the last 24 hours and this makes 8 dead that I know of.

The app I am using is 5-0 and compared to the other Internet radio apps this one is very good on the iPad. It works flawlessly across 3G and switches to Wi-Fi if within range.
It allows multitasking within the app and you can run the maps application, twitter chat, clock, codes, by punching tabs.

Found two more victims just now.

You can close it and continue the stream while you do other stuff like some other radio apps.

OP
henry2

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
it does come in handy for little things .. to me it my second brain as i joke with my friends ..for it keep tracks of things for me ..

nzahr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yep...mine is with me all the time.....can't go anywhere without someone stopping you and asking something about it! I love it.....didn't get anything accomplished at home yesterday other than sitting and "playing" adding more apps and still trying to get where I can get to my work computer.....still having issues with that but all and all....love this thing!!

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My wife and I never leave home without ours. She is lucky though as she just tosses hers in her purse. I'm using the Apple iPad binder case which is o.k. But not perfect for totting. I'm in search for a nice leather case that will hold few extra things i.e. credit cards, check books etc.. I'm even hoping by next winter some garment company will come out with a jacket line offering an extra wide inner conceal pocket or a some kind of a paddy pack.... :p

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am getting more and more into things I can do with this. I have started using it for taking notes at work, I have it syncd with my Outlook at work, and can monitor my mail and calendar continually. The only issue I have is a lack of a decent means to carry it and protect it. I have a basic messenger bag coming Friday that can carry it until I find somethig more specific, and I have the Acme Made Slick on back order. I imagine that I will find additional cases as things advance.

vsstanton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went out without mine yesterday for the first time...going to the mall and taking only my wallet and did not want to leave it in the hot car...first time out without it! Felt lost all day!

ARDOTBEE

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine comes with me to school, work, and.. Everywhere else.. I would put it in my camera bag because that does come with me everywhere.. But that's already full!! So it's just in another bag and ready to be pulled out when bored

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am getting my messenger bag tomorrow, so it will be easier to haul it around. I left today without it and I am going home at lunch to get it.

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My wife and I never leave home without ours. She is lucky though as she just tosses hers in her purse. I'm using the Apple iPad binder case which is o.k. But not perfect for totting. I'm in search for a nice leather case that will hold few extra things i.e. credit cards, check books etc.. I'm even hoping by next winter some garment company will come out with a jacket line offering an extra wide inner conceal pocket or a some kind of a paddy pack.... :p

I'll be darn,, looks like i got my 'own' wish come true... check it out

SCOTTEVEST Travel Clothing Designed to Carry the iPad - Best iPad Accessory - Carry iPad in Style

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm a stay at home Grandmother, and it's with me everywhere I go in the house, but ive yet to start taking it out with me, except when family wants to check it out! It even sleeps on the nightstand right next to me :)

OP
henry2

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
today in the car takeing the trip up the bay area ..i had my out and playing a game of cards on the unit with a friend driveing me up for my all day doctor rounds today at the Va .it was a great thing to have with me for i really hate dealing with the doctor wait times and this kept my anger level down to a very level slimmer type of day .. i do not deal well with the Va doctors and staff for it a lot of wait times to deal with ..i never been a person who could sit and wait for a guy to come and see me for five mins on a vist and tell me what i need to do in my life to fix something ..

but this round of doctor vist i got the good ones instead of the barely made out of medical school class doctors ..the ones are really good i do not have a problem with ..i caught all the good ones on there rounds today and it was a good day for the vist ..

the doctor was makeing a comment about the ipad for i had the unit out and was playing a card game when waiting for him to come into the room and have our little talk today ..he saw the unit and ask me this question ..do you think it going to be next big thing in the medical world ..i told it has the right stuff for the basic use in the medical world as it stands right now ..but i can see a better application for the medical world and it would make it sit up and dance for them if they chose the right medical program for the unit in the medical office area..

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep - all the time. Exception is in the bedroom where I still use my IPod Touch for music and podcasts. Someone needs to come up with convertors that allow you to use your peripherals - ie. speaker systems, alarm clocks etc. that have the30 pin adapters.

kheldour

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Someone needs to come up with convertors that allow you to use your peripherals - ie. speaker systems, alarm clocks etc. that have the30 pin adapters.

That will happen for sure, but WHEN?
Can't wait.

After another week of use, I really take it everywhere, except, when I walk the dog, take a shower, or cook. But on every other occasion my iPad is no further away than 10 ft.

Most reactions

Latest posts