How has your iPad changed the way you use your other devices?

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by SallySparrow, Jul 15, 2010.

1. iDharma

iDharma
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Laptop has become the stationary device used to sync up once a week. iPhone is now a portable device used to make phone calls, get directions via Google Maps and to do online tasks (email, Twitter, Faceboook, Words with Friends) when I don't have wifi and must rely on 3G.

2. mrpunch0

mrpunch0
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I pretty much don't use the computer at home anymore. Everything I do on here I can pretty much do on the iPad.

And only use the web browser/facebook/twitter on the iPhone when I'm away from wifi.

3. henry2

henry2
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    i basiclly use the desktop for heavy duty web surfing for online buying of items i want along with useing the desktop for printing and some work items i need to here and there when iam home for the desktop has super fast cable connection along with it beening my tv set also ...

my use of ipad is to keep track of things on to do list along with my dvd and book library applications programs along with the game and music programs i have on the ipad for basic everyday use.i love the screen size for me it allows me to read the screen so much better than the iphone screen along with the fact that it stays with me all the time when iam outside the house .. like when iam in a bookstore and looking at a book i just input the title into the book library program and it tells me if i have the book or not so far the library application program has save me a lot of money when it comes to buying my books for reading ..

my iphone has basically become a phone again with some basic programs for when i travel like map items for driveing directions and places to eat when iam in a diff city or state.. ..

4. brhon

brhon
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    My laptop has not been out of the bag since launch in April. Rarely use my iMac now.

5. The Alternative

The Alternative
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    All my other gadgets, except the Flip Video HD and the phone part of my iPhone, have been relegated to dust collectors.

6. Sonny Burnett

Sonny Burnett
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    When I am on the road I always keep the notebook in the trunk just in case but the iPad is the main device for browsing and keeping up to date with financial information.

7. Temp40

Temp40
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    well this isn't a case of how the iPad has changed the way I do things, but after owning an iPad my HTC Touch Pro phone screen seems soooooo tiny it's funny

8. MikesTooLz

MikesTooLz
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    after I got my ipad I got rid of my iphone 3GS.

9. Jenny

Jenny
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I've had my ipad now for about two weeks. In these past two weeks i have probably only used my PC for a few hours. I can use my ipad for 90% of what I was using my PC for, and it never leaves my side. As a college student, I really don't know what I'd do without this thing!

I do some online tests on my pc only because the site is flash. And I use itunes to sync in new music every now and then as I only have the 16 gb wifi version, so I do not keep all my music on the ipad.

Until Star wars, the old republic is released in the spring, ill probably continue to use the ipad for almpst everything. but once that happens, you won't be able to pry me from my PC. However, my ipad will always be my go-to mobile device. This thing is incredible... And even if people say its just a large ipod touch, or that laptops are more versitile... Pfft...I'm happy with it, and that's all that matters.

10. Ultrimate

Ultrimate
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    well I still prefer my much more powerful pc over ipad as it has bigger screen and is faster, even for the internet (dont flame this is the truth)

i still use my iAudio mp3 player over ipad as it is much smaller, but recently added music to ipad and enjoy it on the ipad as well...

still game on my ps3 alot..

dont have ipad 3G so still use my cell.. but have installed Skype app on ipad and when Im on ipad and too lazy to get up to get my cell or no phone is nearby, (I bought 10 bucks of Skype credit) I make calls w/ ipad..

I still use my mpk88, but have installed some killer drumbeat apps and spending more time on ipad than my mpk88!

so it ALL comes down to the laptop, and the ipad has made my laptop a primitive dinosaur, lol..:D