What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DIY car mount

Rknight68

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is the mount I made for my car (2006 HHR). It slips into the vents, doesn't block anything when the iPad isn't "docked", and didn't cost me a dime. Build time was about 15 minutes. One caveat, it uses the cover from my smart case to hold it. 100 miles a day and no signs of wear on the case's "hinge"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1359521171.829972.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1359521171.829972.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 11,524
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1359521193.849003.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1359521193.849003.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 3,593
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1359521221.649477.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1359521221.649477.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 2,495

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Rknight68 said:
This is the mount I made for my car (2006 HHR). It slips into the vents, doesn't block anything when the iPad isn't "docked", and didn't cost me a dime. Build time was about 15 minutes. One caveat, it uses the cover from my smart case to hold it. 100 miles a day and no signs of wear on the case's "hinge"

Nice idea, Rknight.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

That's quite neatly done. And if the iPad heats up you can turn on the aircon

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
R

Rknight68

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OB, I only use defrost and floor vents, so heating hasn't been an issue. I used a scrap piece of stainless steel rod, a torch, a vice, and a polishing wheel to finish it up.

wench

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Anybody know if iI could hook the I pad up to golf cart (club car presidential model)

OP
R

Rknight68

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anybody know if iI could hook the I pad up to golf cart (club car presidential model)

As long as you have a 12volt power source you van charge. If you have an audio input on an amplifier/ radio you can output audio to it via headphone jack at minimum.

wench

iPF Novice
Reaction score
As long as you have a 12volt power source you van charge. If you have an audio input on an amplifier/ radio you can output audio to it via headphone jack at minimum.

I do have a 12 volt power source, but that isn't that necessary, maybe down the road. good idea! But, i was just wondering how I could mount it to the golf cart to view GPS, and play with pad if it gets slow on the course. Any ideas?

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
I do have a 12 volt power source, but that isn't that necessary, maybe down the road. good idea! But, i was just wondering how I could mount it to the golf cart to view GPS, and play with pad if it gets slow on the course. Any ideas?

Google "iPad Golf Cart mount" and you'll find many options at various price points.

AA

Sent from my iPad using iPF

LNE WoLF

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try rammount

Heavy duty mounts for any application. Made in the USA.

gpscity has good prices on Ram products.

Most reactions

Latest posts