What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DIY iPad Car Mount - under 50 cents if you have iPad case

jackyyuen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I am new here and I would like to share the solution i make which i posted on youtube.
smile.gif

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3kRdYG9IXo]YouTube - DIY iPad Car Mount[/ame]

This is my car mount solution and the video shows you how I managed to use a string to hold the iPad on my car dashboard. This solution should be able to be applied to most cars unless your car has special designed dashboard. It holds the iPad very firm and allows you to remove the iPad easily.

Any suggestion to improve and comments are welcome.

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
An excellent idea.

They make tiny bungee cords that are sold at places like Wal Mart that make this idea extensible and easier.

I would use two or three to make sure if one failed the iPad would still be secure.

dennis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love how simple and cheap it is. And it will work on many different cars.

I never would have thought of this myself. Thanks!

Appleslappy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Didn't work on mine...Vent size too small iPad sat at an angle:( ended up ordering a "real mount"....it was worth a try.

didisinned

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah i feel you too.. My vents are too far apart argh.. Had a lot of hope on this one too. Hope another solution presents itself.

Fotonutz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hahaha......i did the same thing for my iPad.

Pulled a nylon cord from my aircon duct to support the iPad too. Looks like the Apple case is really handy.

kerberos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Simple, cheap, and possibly for most cars. Just brilliant.

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Great idea! I have a Subaru Legacy too (GT Limited wagon). Too bad I don't have the Apple iPad case though. At least I know it would work in the unlikely event I'd want to mount it on my dash. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts