What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DIY iPad Car Mount - under 50 cents if you have iPad case

DarkLordEnron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just did this today with some 550 paracord i had laying around. Amazing. Thanks for this idea!

Drag Bunt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Another simple solution is to just slip the back of your case over your passenger side sun visor.

66ecdbf2.jpg

Kinda ghetto but gets the job done.

RoadPilot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great idea, but remember: Operating a vehicle while using your iPad for anything other than navigation (e.g., watching videos, TV, browsing the web, etc.) is illegal in most (if not all) states.

And on the AUX input for sound: If you drive a Ford, Mercury, or Lincoln product with the SYNC system, just connect via Bluetooth and all your audio (from videos, music, audiobooks, whatever) streams to the car stereo without any wires.

magnusrf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I need to use my iPad for navigation while driving, I currently just put my sun visor down and slip the original iPad case over as posted previously. That works great and no string required. Also great for passengers since back seat riders are able to watch videos with it positioned that high.

Fizzler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This might be a quick solution for a back head rest mount. Pop some string on and hang it from the head rest for one of the kids.... save me $40 bucks and would work just as well I would think.

lanimae

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good idea. I use the iphone or gps for navigation but its a good idea for those with people in the back for the headrests. Very clever:)

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good finds. I did the ac vent method with string. Wrks perfectly except for damn glare...lol. N ipad sound dont be loud enuff to overshadow car noise n such.

Most reactions

Latest posts