What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Display problems - narrow vertical/horizontal stripes

hackers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm new to these forums, so I hope someone can help. I've tried to find other reported cases of my problem, but no luck so far.

I have a 64Gb 3G iPad, upgraded with the latest version of the OS. One thing I did notice after the upgade was that the onscreen volume display (the one that appears when you press the volume control switch on the right hand side of the iPad), kept randomly appearing and, when it did, it was flickering. Switching the old screen rotation button/new mute button seemed to solve this problem.

Now I am experiencing a problem where I have narrow verticle stripes/bars on the display, when it is in portrait orientation, and they are horizontal when it is in landscape orientation. It's like viewing the display though a lenticular lens. The bars are all the same width, about 2 to 3 mm wide with maybe 80-100 of them across a portrait screen, and the display becomes unusable because the picture has been chopped into these bars.

At first I thought it was a recently installed app, or the ZAGG screen protector that I have. But doing a hard reset, software reset, restore, and/or removing the screen protector doesn't seem to solve the problem

Does anyone have an idea what it could be? Is it likely to be a hardware problem, rather than a OS/app problem? The iPad is about five or six months old.

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Take it back to the Apple store and get and exchange. It definitely sounds like a hardware problem. And even if it's not, they should be able to fix it. Be sure to make a backup in iTunes before you take it back.

Most reactions

Latest posts