What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Everything works but why it only display black?

exhelion99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good evening,
i'm Rex
I dropped my iPad sideways, and after that the screen display is only black. (no cracks)
Everything works except, it displays the Apple logo from boot and disappears, its flickers with a whole white screen and it goes black again. If i take a screenshot it displays the "Hello", (it's a freshly restored device, its the one when you first setup the iPad) it displays it for a second or less.
When I try to screenshot it displays for a fraction of a second and goes back to black, it sometimes displays the "Hello" and sometimes it display a blue color on the whole screen for a fraction of a second.
Everything works with the
-sounds
-home button
-power button
-touch screen works
-can be detected on the computer
-tried hard reset
-tried restoring
-probably the LCD is still good
Forums give solutions by tapping to smacking it but I wont leave it to chance destroying the unit. The unit is about 2 years old with no hardware or software problems in that time frame of use with this as an exception. Other forums say that it has something to do with a broken logic board probably from a solder.
I use the iPad mainly for surfing, playing movies and games and reading documents
I have uploaded a video on the status of my iPad that might help you see what does it do. Sorry for some errors of speaking or some words or sentences, I was nervous...
[youtube.com/watch?v=sl2Cf34HAv4&feature=youtu.be]
Answers or insights on the estimated cost on repairing or replacing or what is the probably fault would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you so much and more power iPadForums
-Rex

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
That obviously sounds weird...

I remember a case on iPF itself where one of our members was also having some problem with the display, though i don't remember what the problem was, but you will be surprised at how it was solved - By dropping the iPad straight on the floor!

But since you don't want to risk destroying the iPad, you could once try hard resetting the iPad, by pressing and holding the home button and power button simultaneously for about 10 seconds, since the buttons are working.

You should also take the iPad to the Genius Bar at your nearest Apple Store.

Most reactions

Latest posts