What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Display changed

anken74

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. Newbie here. I have an iPad 2 that hasn't given me any problems until yesterday. The problem occurred after my wife turned on the iPad and the display showed smaller app widgets, spread out and the screen rotation wouldn't work. I tried to look in settings but all I got was a blank black screen. Some apps worked though. I fixed the problem by respringing but I would like to know how the problem happened in the first place. When ever I power off, the iPad reverts back to the awkward display. Help.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am going to assume your iPad is jail broken? Cause that's the kind of thing that happens if you have a jail break tweak installed that is incompatible with your iPad geneeration or iOS (or both).

Try thinking back to when you first noticed this. Then, think of the Cydia tweak you installed just before that. Remove that tweak and restart the iPad to see if that prevented the problem.

Otherwise, if you have SBSettings installed, use it to turn off all the Mobile Substrate tweaks. Then, turn them on one-by-one (restarting in between each one) to see if you can find out which one causes the screen weirdness. It'll be a bit of a pain, but eventually, you'll find the culprit. Or, if you can't find the problem - may I suggest you give us a list of the tweaks you have installed ... maybe we can see which one it is.

Marilyn

OP
A

anken74

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks! I'll give it a go and let you know. And yes, it is jailbroken but it's been jailbroken for a few months now and the problem started yesterday. I haven't added any apps for a while, only updates.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, then, the odds are its one of those updates. So, start with those tweaks first in your troubleshooting...

Marilyn

P.S. And, since you talk about a jail broken iPad, I've taken the liberty of moving your post over to the Hacking section. Thanks for your understanding.

OP
A

anken74

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the help, it worked. I narrowed the problem down to zeppelin. It's weird how it hit out of the blue but oh well. Also, thanks for having mercy on me for the JB slip.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yay! Glad you got it sorted ... and relatively easily at that!

And, thanks for the update. Always good to hear back that problems are solved. :)

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts