What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keyboard for native iPhone/iPod apps displaying incorrectly on Jailbroken iPad 2 Wifi

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm beginning to think that those people that are running iOS 5.1.1, regardless of which iPad generation, would do well to stay away from these two tweaks (RetinaPad and FullForce). I've just seen too many troubles from both those apps. Of course, and as always, YMMV.

Glad to see you got your iPad all sorted. Sorry, though, that it had to be via a restore...

Marilyn

stratus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having the same issues with all 3 different iPad: iPad, iPad2, iPad3 > all running the same 5.1.1 and jailbroke with Absinthe.
As already mentioned by other members, this was happening after I tempted to install RETINA PAD tweak. Only RETINA PAD, without combination at all with Full Force.

As already mentioned as well (sigh... I am to late to read this post..), no other way to get the "garbled" keyboard working even after uninstalling the retina pad.

I think my option left was only to restore and re-jailbreak...

Do hope someone can have nicer solution rather than restore and re-jailbreak again.
I have read from other post:
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-2-forum/77606-anyone-have-error-5-1-1-a-2.html#post573648

That someone nickname: niosama had found manual solution via iFile to fix this up.

Look forward to hear from this member to share the precious solution.

Thank you so much..

Last edited:

stratus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have got the solution without restore and rejailbreak.
Just install the updated retina pad v. 1.34 / the latest one, it should fix the keyboard.

Another think to try is changing the keyboard to any international keyboard available.
Just look for the alternative with latin character.

stratus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
stratus said:
No. This is just regular iPhone apps.

One more thing to add. Please remove " 5 row keyboard for iPad" if you have it installed.
This might be one off the culprit ass well.
I am not really sure whether the main cause is only retina pad or cause by both.
But, I remove 5 row keyboard for iPad along with retina pad, then re install the updated/newest version of retina pad. And it solved.

Fofer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
RetinaPad really isn't necessary on an iPad 3, anyway, it's worth noting. The exact same functionality of that tweak is baked into the core iOS, at least on the iPad 3 it is.

OP
I

iPadNewby01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
stratus said:
I have got the solution without restore and rejailbreak.
Just install the updated retina pad v. 1.34 / the latest one, it should fix the keyboard.

Another think to try is changing the keyboard to any international keyboard available.
Just look for the alternative with latin character.

After I started this thread I solved the problem by re-jailbreaking and installing Retinapad again. I did not suffer from the same problem. I recently thought it was time to bite the bullet and install Full Force to see if the same situation happened so I could report back here. I'm happy to say that it did not happen and like others that have now posted in here I think it is entirely down to Retinapad. Hopefully the update has fixed the issue completely and this will not happen again for anyone. However if it does, restoring and re-jailbreaking is the only solution I've found.

tonirags

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been thinking about reinstalling retina pad but was just too scared! Hearing that there is an update that seems to have solved the issue is great!!!! Soon come!! :))

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just out of interest, what features of RetinaPad on the iPad3 is it that you guys are desperate for, over and above what the stock iPad3 already does?

There was an obvious gap for me on iPad1 and iPad2, but personally I just don't need it on iPad3... Interested to hear your feedback.

OP
I

iPadNewby01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
Just out of interest, what features of RetinaPad on the iPad3 is it that you guys are desperate for, over and above what the stock iPad3 already does?

There was an obvious gap for me on iPad1 and iPad2, but personally I just don't need it on iPad3... Interested to hear your feedback.

It's iPad 2 wifi I'm using not 3.

Most reactions

Latest posts