What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did you actually read the user guide/instructions when you got your iPad?

iDharma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wonder how many folks did like I did.

Within seconds of getting it home, I yanked it out of the box and ran to my home computer to get it synced up with iTunes. To this day, 2-3 months after getting it, still I haven't cracked open any of the documentation that came with it.

Did any of you actually read the instructions before syncing it up for the first time?

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What instructions? Mine didn't come with crap. I had to call the apple store and they walked me through the initial set up. I remember thinking I have never bought anything that didn't come with a user manual!

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I wonder how many folks did like I did.

I downloaded the manual into iBooks (the manual and "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance" remain my only iBook purchases) and read it that first day but really there isn't much in it that most people wouldn't have discovered on the Apple web site tutorials.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well for anyone who had an "iDevice" prior to getting an iPad, you already know that iTunes is your portal to the universe. But judging by the number of posts that begin, "How come my iPad says "Not Charging" when I plug it into my laptop?", quite a number of people who should be reading the manual have not done so.

But then again, the lack people who have read the manual gives all of the rest of us something to do!

So far, this one has to be the winner: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-help/7392-ipad-screen-durability.html I don't know whether to laugh at this or cry because it is so pathetic.

And epb, we must be from the same era. I just downloaded the free .pdf of this book from my high school daze:

b1LAgml_rUX78eBW4zMpFo71w-OyoRs3HV5GuLBEdvW-bFbPksKPsuTRDcUXiDBel15-b93lcxJLDef8GfMGNC5-t4pv_jVGvdUKq9-x-poghIOvm9Zv0Ole7Dta-pMvMqzVqqBGGh6vA8oafLVcefbFIB9V1KG0C1T7ErvRqAiZ7Zaal99ZPNz0lh5vfglraU4SheHBQBAwLjgwn97TNgq6waCdJGBwoRw3JUonak_0jpu_2u0srZKFVHltj0nsKcj1E698sMF0iRYIGtak2dYQ

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
As Jobs said in January when he introduced the iPad, there are millions of customers out there who already know how to use the iPad.

If you had used an iPhone or iPod you knew how it worked.

swisspolo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had to go searching for a manual like document to work out what the "disable auto rotate" switch was. Proper brain stall on that one, just didn't think to try rotating it when the switch was thrown

Si

Most reactions

Latest posts