What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Got a 2nd iPad for my wife (couple questions)

sw339

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all, sorry if this is the wrong forum. I got a second iPad for my wife and was wondering if it is possible to share reminders between our two devices even with seperate Apple ID's.

Both are OS 6.1 iPad 3rd gen wifi model.

Ideally, I would like to be able to have shared reminder lists so that when the grocery list is updated for example, it shows on both devices. Or if a reminder about an event is added to hers when I am not home, it will then add to mine and remind me also.

Also, if this can be done then are all reminders shared or can certain lists be shared too? So if I don't want to be getting her personal reminders for work but want to have an updated grocery list...if that makes any sense. From what I read this is possible through the Cloud somehow, but cannot seem to determine whether the Apple ID's have to be same or if you can just share it with your family member who has a different one. Any instructions or links would be appreciated.

Another thing I wondered was iCloud backup. Does it only backup your music that has been bought from iTunes or can songs I added be backed up aswell?

And if anyone knows any other cool tricks or things I may wanna do between 2 iPads I am all ears. Pretty new to the scene here.

OP
S

sw339

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Couldn't find that even with searching, for some reason. Thanks again did it succesfully.

OP
S

sw339

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did the Reminders succesfully but something went a little weird with my calender. There are now 2 badges on my calender like reminder badges and I don't know where they came from. I did not share my calender in iCloud, only the two Reminder lists. I currently have no interest in sharing the calendars or merging them.

Both calendars are set to off in the iCloud settings on each iPad also. I cannot even discern what 2 events my calendar is notifying me about. I have some birthdays on there but thats it from what I see. On my wifes iPad she does not have the same badges. Her calendar is just as it was. All she has got are the new Reminder lists I shared which is great.

Anyone know how I can clean this up?

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
They are usually for invites to events that you haven't yet confirmed.

Go to the calendar and click in the invites button to see what outstanding ones you have.

OP
S

sw339

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you, where is that button on the calendar? I did manage to clear it finally in the drag-down notification center near the clock, but would be curious to know where the button is. I am also at a loss as to what event invites they were and why sharing my reminder lists even caused two invites to show up on the calendar to begin with. But, I did manage to clear them so thank you.

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
The button is at the top left (next to the calendars button), in landscape it hows the label invitation, in portrait its a icon of a arrow pointing down into a tray.

Last edited:
OP
S

sw339

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The button is at the top left (next to the calendars button), in landscape it hows the label invitation, in portrait its a icon of a arrow pointing down into a tray.

Thanks I found it.

Sorry to keep on with this, but I am having trouble after sharing reminders with times set on them. When I add a reminder to our shared list it notifies me properly but does not do so on my wifes iPad. I have to physically open the Reminder app in her iPad and only then I see it manually appear, long after the Reminder has fired originally on mine. She is getting no badges or alerts on her Reminders that we have both shared.

Both iPads have iCloud on and are set to fetch every 15 mins. Reminders are turned on in notification center too. Ideally, I would like an alert and badge like mine to show up on both pads for a shared reminder that is added. Both badges and alerts are on for her Reminders too. Any idea what is missing? Has anyone done this succesfully?

Most reactions

Latest posts