What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did the iPad disapoint you?

Apple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know alot of people were expecting more from the iPad but to what extent did it disappont you?

iPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
it disapointed me in the way that it didnt have flash. thats my ONLY complain
so please apple please fix it

iPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I guess but you can always still go to youtube.
yeah but what about sites with special features in flash format? i wont be able to experience what that site fully has to offer because the iPad doesnt support that format

DG~X

iPF Novice
Reaction score

yeah but what about sites with special features in flash format? i wont be able to experience what that site fully has to offer because the iPad doesnt support that format

I bet you look it up on youtube and its there.(the same exact video). I do that on my wii, wii doesnt have flash so i go to youtube and look up the video.

iPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I bet you look it up on youtube and its there.(the same exact video). I do that on my wii, wii doesnt have flash so i go to youtube and look up the video.
i guess. but the fact that apple needs to bring the flash to the iPad still remains. do you agree?

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just read some news that said it will support a VGA output. Although HDMI would be better, at least we'll have something :)

I know alot of people were expecting more from the iPad but to what extent did it disappont you?

That it had no multi tasking and it had no HDMI.

Reaction score
The ipad was quite close to what I had imagined (maybe I lack imagination ;)
The 4:3 aspect ratio was a surprise but not a disappointment... I'm using a 4:3 monitor right now, it makes plenty of sense for most web content and the books/magazine/newspaper viewing. OK, for video it makes less sense but they had to weigh up the pros and cons ...video wasn't at the front of the queue.

I, nor many who know Apple vs Adobe, really expected flash. It's a fly in the ointment for sure but I know many people (not geeks) who browse plenty on their iphone and never mention the lack of flash. I dare say, with a larger display, it may be more of an issue.

I know how bad flash is implemented on so much of the web, and that joe public gets worried when their cpu/fans go into warp factor 9.... but it's here and now, unfortunately.

Click/touch to enable flash, then reverting back to default of not playing, would be ideal...but I still think this is unlikely.

The actual size of the unit was larger than expected... I still feel it should've been slightly smaller, but the designers know their stuff.

No camera? No care :) Video conferencing is so microscopically niche and the reality is still there that the public do not really like having their faces shown, even to friends.

I know so many people with laptops with built-in webcams that never get used, clearly Apple know that as well.

O.K. maybe an add-on webcam is likely in the future, clip-on goose-neck type camera, but there was no point in adding a camera as standard and putting the price up.

Built-in SD card reader? Be nice, but small as they are, just how much free space is in the shell of an ipad? The 3G sim is a new breed in being micro sized, maybe there's a reason for that?

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
At first I was, but the more I think about it the more excited I become and I can see new uses for it everyday.

kbregnar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Swing and a miss. This definitely disappoints me. I was thinking it would have a lot more features than it does. It none of the mobility features I completely depend on with my iPhone and has not nearly the same capability I can get from a netbook that is running a full version of Win7 for much less money.

I am very very disappointed. :(

Ninja

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are lots of reasons to be disappointed with the iPad, but a short list would include:

No Flash
No SDHC or MiniSDHC card slot built in
No Mini USB port
The screen is smaller than it needed to be...look at the wide margins around it.
The screen appears to be a high glare one. Good luck using it in less than perfect light.
No app for light-duty photo editing to email to people.

That will do for the moment.

No Flash = No Sale!

DG~X

iPF Novice
Reaction score

i guess. but the fact that apple needs to bring the flash to the iPad still remains. do you agree?

Yeah i guess so. But it isnt on my worries. Im more worried about the no multi tasking..-_-. I am a 100% multi tasker and a huge fan of HDMI.

Ninja

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Yeah i guess so. But it isnt on my worries. Im more worried about the no multi tasking..-_-. I am a 100% multi tasker and a huge fan of HDMI.

The lack of multi-tasking and HDMI is both a surprise and a disappointment.

I need to check the list of things that the Tegra 2 is supposed to do. I am pretty sure that it is supposed to be multi-tasking capable, but I do not recall HDMI specifically. As I recall it, it is "HD capable" which probably means that HDMI might be an option.

We shall see. Perhaps some competition will make Apple improve their product.

Cheers

Steve lied. Without Flash you can not access "all the internet".

roracle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HTML 5 will take care of the video issue regarding flash in the future, and youtube will be using h.264 (I think is what it is) so it should be fine (although Google is a company built on open source, their neglect for using ogg vorbis may hinder them, and pave a new path for a video site to compete with them using open and unrestrictive standards).

As for flash everywhere else? Totally missed. Don't know why they didn't do this. Yet also, lack of a camera is a big downer for me. I would like to have a file system to keep my stuff organized (which means a SD card reader and at least one USB port would be a very nice addition).

Most reactions

Latest posts