What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad Touchscreen Lag/Latency

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You will see BIG difference between 100 ms and 1 ms in car real time control. 100 ms --> hit the wall, 1 ms --> miss the wall. Take your pick. BTW iPad has 100 ms latency/response which is arerage, Prime 50 ms which is 2x better but you will still hit the wall.

Nonsense, for anyone driving in a responsible manner. Those AR Parrot Drone things are not cheap...but people fly them on an iPhone and they doesn't seem to be a problem.

Redhotpoker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HI AQ_OC,
Not bothered by any noticeable lag or latency here.
As much as I love my Parrot AR Drone 2.0, I love my new iPad 3 even more. Of course I couldn't have one flying without the other.
But about apps for drawing, please spend the few dollars and buy Sketchbook Pro. It truly is an awesome app, for artists using the iPad.
After already trying several of the free drawing apps, including How To Draw and Sketch Paper, I was never really happy with them.
But Sketchbook Pro puts many of those others to shame. If that's even possible for an app? Probably not!!
I haven't really noticed any latency with it, but that's not something that would distract me enough to complain about it.
What is, is. Folks have to realize nothing in life is perfect. I've never been truly impressed by many of the free apps. They almost always seem weak, and there is more often than not, those annoying ads included. I'm quite sure there are other decent apps for aspiring artist's, I just haven't tried many of them.
Try Sketchbook Pro. I'm quite sure you will be satisfied with it.
Good luck...

Chas

Sent from my new iPad 3 using iPF

Last edited:
OP
S

shaftpolls

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your comment.

I also tried Pro Create and the lag is barely noticed.. it depends of the software also.

Cheers

Most reactions

Latest posts