What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Desperate and defeated

Rex001

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone, this is my first time on a forum, I have a stock iPad 1, it's a bit of a love/hate relationship, it loves to drive
me nuts and I hate it when doesn't do what I want it to do, I opened up as usual this morning and checked my email, a
message popped up telling me that my password was wrong, I tried around 20 times to put it in, I even switched the iPad off twice but no luck, so I thought it would be a good idea to delete the email account and redo it, yippee! It worked, no more asking me for my password, (I love it) but I now have over 7000 emails in my inbox(I hate it) I looked on you tube for deletion methods, none of which worked, can anyone please tell me a way of deleting these mail other than a few at a one time, PLEASE!!! thanks in advance ......

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There is no other way to delete those emails on the iPad (in your Inbox) other than one at a time.

However, if you have an Exchange or IMAP e-mail account, my suggestion is to go to the web version of your e-mail, either via a computer or Safari, and delete those emails there. As the iPad acts as a mirror for what is on the server, once the emails are deleted on the server, they should be gone from the iPad.

If you have a POP account, I'm afraid you'll have to delete them one-by-one off the iPad. Sorry.

Marilyn

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
There was a workaround to mass delete emails in iOS 6. I don't know if it's possible with your software (5.1.1 I guess), you could try it, though:

Go to the Inbox. Tap "Edit". Choose the first email. At the bottom, there's a "Move" button, I hope. Press and hold it, while deselecting the previous chosen email. Now release the Move button. This should select all your emails. The next option you should get, if it works, is either "Trash" to move them there, or "Delete All".

OP
R

Rex001

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Many thanks, I have tried that but no luck.... Thanks again

OP
R

Rex001

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's brilliant! I never even thought to try that, thank you VERY much, I will try that now :D

OP
R

Rex001

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you very much, I have just deleted over 7483 emails going back as far as 2010, I am now a happy camper again, bad bad iPad ..........

Most reactions

Latest posts