In Password Hell

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by Elliern, Aug 13, 2011.

1. Elliern

Elliern iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    For some reason, this forum did not recognize my password yesterday. I tried several times, to no avail. So, requested a new password and one was emailed to me. I was able to log in using that password, but I need to change it to something I can remember, but I can't. In the email from these forums with the new password was a message saying there have been problems resetting passwords along with a link. However, the link does not work either. I am at a loss as to what to try next. It is very frustrating. This is the first time I have encountered this problem and don't know how to fix it. I hope someone can provide some assistance so I can continue to be a member of the forum.

Thanks for any advice or suggestions.
  2. Gabriel1

Gabriel1 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +749 / 0
    We have forwarded this to the forum administrators and hopefully we can resolve this quickly for you.

The Archangel
  3. JohnnyApple

JohnnyApple Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +88 / 0
    Can you paste the email you got, because there should be no problem with resetting passwords.
  4. Elliern

Elliern iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    At the time, the link in the email did not work at all. I did copy and paste it into the browser and received the standard message that said 'could not connect to that web site' with other options to try.

However, yesterday I was finally able to log in and change my password. Yay! I want to thank everyone for their help and support. I have been able to log in to the forums from my iPad and my pc, so hopefully, the problem is now completely fixed.