What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Designing Ipad/Iphone stands - How many would be interested in this design?

elliotcohen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I am in the process of designing some Ipad/Iphone stands. They are in the prototyping phase now, and I am testing them. I was curious, how many, if any would be interested in purchasing some of these stands when I finish designing them. I think the Ipad stand will cost $14 shipped, and the Iphone stand will cost $9 shipped.

Let me know what you guys think!

Pictures are attached.

Thanks,
Elliot Cohen

Attachments

• apple 1.jpg
    apple 1.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 1,759
  • P1040021.JPG
    P1040021.JPG
    349.4 KB · Views: 502
  • P1040022.JPG
    P1040022.JPG
    474.3 KB · Views: 471

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They look really cool. Why don't you consider becoming an iPad Forum sponsor, then you could have your own 'section' of the Forum and market them shamelessly!!

Tim

OP
E

elliotcohen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, and alright. They are not ready to market just yet, I just want feedback for now from people to see if people are interested in this. They are 2 pieces of flat acrylic so they can easily be transported and set up. Good, bad?

Once I get the design right, I would become a forum sponsor!

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nice looking. Four factors are critical for me.

() Stability in both landscape and portrait orientations.
() Footprint. The trick is to maximize stability while minimizing footprint.
() Portability. Ideally the stand should fold or disassemble flat enough to pack easily. It would be nice to see a photo of the stand in its "travel" configuration.
() Works at least with SmartCover and back protector. There's a trade-off between holding the iPad securely and enabling the stand to work with a back protector/screen cover attached. But requiring that the iPad be "naked" for the stand to work is a dealbreaker for me.

Last edited:

mdixson9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
nice....loved it...

Thanks

Moderation Notice: This post has been edited by a member of staff in accordance with the Forum Rules. No external links.

Last edited by a moderator:

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
They do look cool, more artistic than what is already available. The price is certainly good. Very marketable. Good luck with your venture

OP
E

elliotcohen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks everyone! I got a bunch cut out...I have Ipad stands with the cut outs and solid....they are two flat pieces that interlock...it fits the Ipad in portrait or landscape...

The Iphone stand is perfect but it only supports the phone in landscape mode.

I'm working on getting good pictures for you guys

Most reactions

Latest posts