What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NEW stylus design. Input needed

tdmsu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The biggest thing for me would be comfort while writing. It needs to have some sort of soft grip,or a molded design to shape to the fingers.

I like telescoping, and making it different enough from a pen that a person would not accidentally use a real pen on their iPad.

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
fmmrz5 said:
The only problem with using it as a way to turn off the screen is that as soon as you remove the stlyus the screen comes back on...

Right. The screen would go off when you place the pin on the right side of the glass, keep your notes private and saves battery life. Much quicker than closing the flap

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Kadend9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
fmmrz5 said:
Hey all. Some of you already know that I am have been designing a new stylus for our iPad and other touch screen devices. I have a few prototypes made and am working on more/getting them to a marketable product. I am really hoping to have a solution for everyone and not just have a product that only works for some people

So I am looking to you all to give me smoke ideas of what you would want to see on stylus, what you want out of a stylus, things like that.

Things I am already incorporating...
Telescoping option
Customization (want a different size? I can make it for you)...possibly color, grip, clip, material options and others too
Key chain
Others

Also whoever helps the most will be getting a prototype of their own. It might just be shipping charge, but it's already getting expensive lol so well see. If you want a prototype shout me a pm and give me a reason why you should be a tester. Please no personal info until I confirm. Moderators, it would be great if you wanted to get in on this as you have the most experience/insight.

My name is Fred McCue and I am the stylus king pending a better name

You should make a case like the zag mate for the iPad 1 and instal a camera on it so we can use a camera when it is connected to the case

Last edited:

tdmsu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How about a stylus that fits on the end of a finger and gives finer control for drawing and or writing? It would have to be very light and comfortable.
I can imagine having to re-learn how to write a bit, but I think it might be worth it in the end.

What do you think?

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
silicon or rubber based, with a small tip

imagine cutting a finger off a glove, and then attaching a nib to the end of it

something like what you are thinking will be a hit for asian countries, so i would patent it if i were you!

Last edited:

Brockly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tdmsu said:
How about a stylus that fits on the end of a finger and gives finer control for drawing and or writing? It would have to be very light and comfortable.
I can imagine having to re-learn how to write a bit, but I think it might be worth it in the end.

What do you think?

I would not like it. I don't want to learn a new way to draw again. Just want the tip to be skinny

inksofmemories

iPF Noob
Reaction score
+1 on the skinny tip!

I love almost everything about my Targus stylus but it gets really annoying having to click 'undo' all the time when drawing.

another must have for me: a clip to clip onto the case.

OP
F

fmmrz5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The type of ideas I need are more like features for the stylus to have. I already have a tip and a general design down, just working to trying to find a manufacture to work with and track down the right parts and get my prototype to a marketable product.

Thanks though everyone. Good stuff. Keep it coming.

Tuttle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The most important things for me are:

1. Precision! (Thus far, the Adonit Jot is tops.)

2. Holding comfort: Large barrel diameter (think Alu Pen) and length. The Targus, Pogo, and the like are too short. My ideal pen would be tat of a well designed conventional pencil or pen, say five inches or so. Four inches is definitely too short.

3. Some way to fasten it to the iPad case for transportability and to keep from losing.

Last edited:

ipaddeveloper888

iPF Noob
Reaction score
is it feasible to decrease the diameter of the tip? Mine is about a quarter inch in diameter. an eighth inch might be nice. Here's an idea (though it might be expensive). Can you put a beeper on the stylus so that the Ipad can find it? I am constantly dropping mine and it falls into the sofa or something and I dont know where it is. I am such a klutz! Also, the rubber (or whatever) on the end has to be durable. Should last years if possible.

Most reactions

Latest posts