What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My First Review - Prop 'n Go Hybrid Lap Stand

howell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Despite being a member for about a year, I've never felt compelled to right a full-on product review. That is until now.

A few months ago I ordered a Prop 'n Go by Padded Spaces. It came quickly via USPS Priority.

I originally bought an iPad 2 Smart Cover, hoping that it would work nicely on the couch and in bed. Boy was I wrong. It is ok for tables and desks, but not very useful while relaxing. That is what drew me to Prop 'n Go.

Prop 'n Go is modern lap stand, that uniquely features variable angle control. It has something like 14 different angles, up to nearly 90 degrees which is perfect for reading in bed. Also it is rock solid. Most cases I've seen, the angle control seems to be weak and almost an afterthought, not being able to withstand hard typing or pushing. Prop 'n Go doesn't have this problem at all! I swear, I pushed super hard, and it didn't budge.

The fabric is soft and breathable. The foam core is also comfy on my lap and my belly. The lap stand is actually aesthetically pleasing, if a bit subtle. It's best strength is the ease-of-use. You can literally change angles with 1 finger in 1 second. Oh and it works perfectly with the iPad Smart Cover, and I'm guessing most other cases. It doesn't require any special doo-dads or add-ons to work with the stand. Use a naked or a cased iPad.

The other smart thing about this device is that is have a built-in padded storage compartment. I can store my iPad 2 with Smart Cover, usb cable, and charger all securely.

Finally the craziest thing about the model I purchased, is the packable drawstring backpack. Believe it or not, inside of the storage compartment, it has a discreet rolled up backpack. You can quickly unroll it and wa-la, a rip-stop nylon backpack. In hindsight, I don't travel with my iPad much, so perhaps I'd have gotten a cheaper model without the backpack.

All-in-all, I'm very pleased. Since the design is universal, in the future I can buy a new tablet without needing a new stand. Very cool. :thumbs:

Check out my pictures. The picture quality isn't the best. Sadly I don't have an iPhone 4S yet to take them. Soon though!

1yzdk.jpg 28sojub.jpg 2i1jyts.jpg 2uxy445.jpg u6dnd.jpg

And here are some pictures of the backpack unrolled and wrapped. 1, 2, 3.

Anybody else tried it out? I'm in love.

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good review. Looks like a good alternative to the popular Wedge-E. Somewhat more functionality for a bit more money (in the "lite" version.) I'm not enamored of it as a case for the iPad but for those who want an all-in-one case plus bed/desk/table stand, I can understand its appeal. I did notice some complaints from Amazon buyers about the vinyl cover over the foam base. Wondering if that has been replaced with a more breathable material.

OP
howell

howell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jsh1120 - Thanks for your feedback on my review. I did a bit of reading tonight. It looks like they had a previous product called Prop It Up made of vinyl. The reviews are about the old product, I believe.

The product I received has soft microsuede. I can only guess that it is much more breathable than vinyl.

Also I failed to mention that the product had an issue with the gripper strips. Luckily the company was proactive about the problem. They sent replacement strips to me right away, which resolved the problem. Their blog states the issue has been resolved.

Most reactions

Latest posts