What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cydia packages/apps compatible for iPad!

ch4rly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
what is the best videoplayer?
openstreamer does not have the native iPad resolution (yet?), maybe yxflash?
Thanks in advance!

gatorguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Conant,

I have had problems with getting the "white apple" after installing Backgrounder and power cycling the iPad. I have had to restore each time as I can't get past the "white apple". You mention performing a hard reset to resolve the issue. Could you elaborate?

Thanks for any advice,
Gatorguy

whizpop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i may have been wrong it might have been sbsettings that messed up my ipad not openssh

I can confirm that, I had to restore after a reboot made the screen look like an iphone...iphone lock screen and all...

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
i may have been wrong it might have been sbsettings that messed up my ipad not openssh

I can confirm that, I had to restore after a reboot made the screen look like an iphone...iphone lock screen and all...

you didnt have to restore, you just had to respring the springboard.

SBSettings used to cause this but it has been updated and should no longer causes this. Same goes with OpenSSH. I have them both on my ipad and no longer have to respring springboard after each reboot.

whizpop

iPF Noob
Reaction score

you didnt have to restore, you just had to respring the springboard.

SBSettings used to cause this but it has been updated and should no longer causes this. Same goes with OpenSSH. I have them both on my ipad and no longer have to respring springboard after each reboot.
cool,
thanks for the info!

jerni

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was trying to find out... Some of my favorite jb apps from my phone are intelliscreen, MIM do these work on the iPad?

Vidikron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey, first time jailbreaker here and I need so me help. I used jailbreakme.com and everything went fine. But now I've installed a few apps, but they don't seem to work.

For example, I installed openSSH. I read that Mobile Terminal doesn't work for changing the default pw, but that SBSsettings could be used to enable or disable SSH as needed. But I can't figure out how to access it. Swiping the status bar or the top left corner doesn't seem to do anything. So how do I access SBSsettings? Also, is there a way to change the default SSH password on the iPad?

ch4rly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OpenSSH is running in the background, there is no icon. You can use iSSH (payed App from the Appstore) and connect to 127.0.0.1 and change the password there. Or connect from your PC and use the terminal.
SBsettings is good for looking for the IP of the iPad.

LGgeek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you get the ipod look try respringing.

Short list of what I have installed (have most of these installed on iPhone also):
activator
Bosspaper (works fine haven't figured out landscape mode yet)
browser changer
categories
circuitous
cydelete
firewall IP (costs but worth it for security)
frash
ifile
infiniboard
infinidock
istrings
netatalk
openssh
openssl
Pirni Pro (network sniffer , costs)
sbsettings
veency
winterboard ( only way to fly)

misc unix - top,wget,curl,vim,tcpdump etc.

Last edited:

LGgeek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OpenSSH is running in the background, there is no icon. You can use iSSH (payed App from the Appstore) and connect to 127.0.0.1 and change the password there. Or connect from your PC and use the terminal.
SBsettings is good for looking for the IP of the iPad.

iSSH - this is what I used also, a little pricey ($9.99) but a really great app if you do a lot of admin work as I do. highly recommend.

flashman181

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I installed Fullforce and it is visible in extensions under Settings - I assume it is running in background but can't see that it is doing anything different or does it only change apps that are added after it is installed?

michel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just purchase multiflow and backgrouder for my ipad but can't get multiflow to work. I need some help
Thx

jakerich

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I installed Fullforce and it is visible in extensions under Settings - I assume it is running in background but can't see that it is doing anything different or does it only change apps that are added after it is installed?
Open Settings, look for Extensions and then FullForce. Pick the apps in the right column (iPad) you want to have it affect. Some work better than others, so if you don't like it, turn it off the same way.

flashman181

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Open Settings, look for Extensions and then FullForce. Pick the apps in the right column (iPad) you want to have it affect. Some work better than others, so if you don't like it, turn it off the same way.

Thanks Jake - not sure how I missed that :confused: Anyway seems very buggy with the games I tried it with so won't be using it anyway

Most reactions

Latest posts