We have an IPad 2 MC769LL/A which I believe has 16 GB of memory. Other than FaceTime I primarily use this device for Facebook and perhaps to play a little solitaire or blackjack. We are currently running IOS 7.1.2 and when IOS 8 came out there were heard horror stories about the IPad 2 failing to upgrade or if it did upgrade it ran like a slug. So, because of all of the bad news we were hearing we never tried to upgrade to any newer versions of IOS 8.x out of fear. Now Apple is coming out with IOS 9 and we're wondering if we should stay on IOS 7 forever, take a chance and upgrade to IOS 8 or wait for IOS 9? If we should wait for IOS 9 can we simply skip IOS 8 and if so should we upgrade to IOS 9 right away or wait and see on that version for a while too?. Can anyone advice me on what to do? My husband primarily takes care of updating this device but he more of a Windows geek. I'll be honest I'm technically challenged and the only thing I could do is OK and approve the update but if there's a problem we're both in in big trouble. Any help and/or advice would be greatly appreciated.