What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unjailbreak iPad 2 running on ios 4.3.3 (8J2). Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sen_ovung

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,
I am running an iPad 2 (32 GB-WiFi-3G) device with jailbroken IOS 4.3.3. I jailbroke it using by visiting 'jailbreakme' website but now I want to undo it so that I can update to the latest version of IOS 6. Please tell me the correct and failpoof method for doing so because I don't want to kill My iPad with wrong procedures. Can you please explain it to me step by step. HELPPPPPP!!!!!!
Also is it worth upgrading my iPad to IOS 6?? Please advice. Thanks..

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Generally-speaking, the best way to "unjailbreak" your iPad so you can upgrade it to the latest iOS is to connect it to your iTunes and select the Restore button (after making a backup first). iTunes will do its magic and, when its done, your iPad will be stock and running iOS 6.1.2. Then, you can use the latest jail breaking tool (evasi0n, v1.5) to re-jailbreak it.

Now, your iPad is on a very old iOS version, so this process may not work for you. If the simple restore I described doesn't work for you, try following the steps as outlined by my fellow moderator, f4780y, in this tutorial: http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...lsafe-method-restore-current-version-ios.html

If you follow all the steps exactly as written, you should end up with a stock iPad running the newest iOS. Then, you can re-jail break it if you wish.

While a backup of your AppStore apps (and your data and preferences) should be fine to put back on the iPad with the new iOS 6.1.2, I strongly caution you against making or using a backup for your Cydia tweaks. iOS 4.x is, again, very old. So, I recommend writing down all the tweaks you have installed and then, after you have re-jail broken your iPad, put them back on one at a time to ensure they will work properly.

Hopefully, the simple restore using iTunes will work for you. If not, then this tutorial will do it (please ensure you read through it and follow it exactly as written). If you run into any troubles, give us a shout and we'll be glad to help further. Good luck.

Marilyn

OP
sen_ovung

sen_ovung

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up!
One more query though.
I have cracked app on my ipad which I installed after downloading IPA files from the internet and I want to keep them. Will a normal iTunes restore work on them so that I can reinstall them again on my iPad after update and jailbreak.
Thanks again....

neilharbin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Alot of solutions are out there on google, but can anyone suggests me which really works? :(
Thanks in advance!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up!
One more query though.
I have cracked app on my ipad which I installed after downloading IPA files from the internet and I want to keep them. Will a normal iTunes restore work on them so that I can reinstall them again on my iPad after update and jailbreak.
Thanks again....

Let's see, how to put this... Oh, I know!

We will no longer assist you with your upgrade issue and questions because you, sir, are a dirty rotten pirate! So, we won't help you here. This forum does not condone or help pirates. Not only is piracy, and any discussion thereof, against this forum's rules, it's theft and thus illegal.

This is the last piece of advice you will get: remove those stolen apps (and any piracy tools you may have that helped you STEAL those apps), and from now on - BUY your apps from the AppStore as honest folk do!

This thread is closed.

Marilyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts