iPad Mini 1: should I upgrade for iOS 8 or not?

Discussion in 'iPad Mini Forum' started by Natasc, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Natasc

Natasc
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    So I have an iPad Mini 1 and since I learn that he's sort like iPad 2 I did not upgrade him for iOS 8, I'm still running on iOS 7.1.2 and is working great, no lags.

Thing is, some features of the new iOS interests me, so is it okay to go for iOS 8 or this model in this iOS presents lag and little slow things?
    'cause my iPhone 4 sucked on iOS 7 and my cousin iPhone 4S sucked on iOS 8. That's why I'm asking.

Thanks anyway!

2. The OB

The OB
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Go for 8xx, why not? It did some good for iPad2 and your Mini is a much later model, so wasn't exactly transported over in Noah's Arc:) You have a nice tablet that should enjoy the enhanced software.
    I don't think Apple produces these system upgrades to have the millions of tablets it has already sold have increasing problems. Each upgrade is designed to improve and enhance somehow, IMO.
    Go ahead and upgrade. I doubt you'll enjoy your nice Mini any less:)
    Andrew

Sent from my iPad Air2 using Tapatalk

3. J. A.

J. A.
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    If you decide to update to the latest software version, which is iOS 8.1.3, do so via iTunes.
    Make sure you have a most recent backup, update iTunes (afaik 12.1 is the latest version), and then connect your iPad to it.

After updating, reset your device. This might remove minor bugs and glitches you'd experience otherwise. To reset, press and hold Home and Power button simultaneously until the Apple logo appears. Let go of both. Your device will power up on it's own.

4. Brian 244

Brian 244
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Using 8.1.3 in a first gen mini I haven't had any problems. I find Safari can be sluggish as it is on an iPad 2 but other than that it seems ok.