What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chargers

alkan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there
Can anyone tell me why the charging cables stop working for no apparent reason. I first used the cable that came with the ipad 2. That was ok but the cable was shorter than I needed so I bought a 2m cable. This cable worked ok at first but then it stopped, it wouldn't charge no matter what I did. So I had to put up with the shorter one. I tried buying another long one again and exactly the same thing happened. Anyone have any idea why? How can a connector just stop carrying the charge?

Last edited:

cruiser111

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Since your charger is working, there is either a break in the cable or the connection to the charger or the iPad is faulty.

My six foot cable has been working OK, but the wire covering pulled back at the charger exposing the covered wires. Used some super glue after shoving the wire covering into it's mooring again. Apparently some of these cables are not of the best quality. Sounds like you got a couple with borderline wiring quality.

OP
A

alkan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply cruiser111.
I did think of the connecting wires not firmly fixed somehow but as far as I can see there is no way of checking that without physically damaging the the whole thing. I didnt mention that I had two Ipads, Ipad 1 and Ipad 2. The first charger(the long one) worked on the Ipad 2 but wouldn't work on the Ipad 1. I immediately presumed there was a faulty connection point on the Ipad 1 but couldn't understand why the shorter cabled charger worked on both, but as I said the longer cabled chargers stopped working after a while. Is there a way of checking these charger wirings to the plug? How did you manage to expose your connecting wires?

Most reactions

Latest posts