What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My iPad won't charge

M

mikeb23

So, I recently realized that the iPad charger was also a usb cable. I was playing around with it a little and unhooked and hooked it back into the adapter or the charger, whatever its called. Now, when I try to charge my iPad after plugging it in, it won't let me do it.

Any ideas why? Its a new iPad I bought about 6 weeks ago.

ExCalif

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mikeb23 said:
So, I recently realized that the iPad charger was also a usb cable. I was playing around with it a little and unhooked and hooked it back into the adapter or the charger, whatever its called. Now, when I try to charge my iPad after plugging it in, it won't let me do it.

Any ideas why? Its a new iPad I bought about 6 weeks ago.

I have found finnicky behavior with the apple chargers. I leave the charger plugged in and just plug and unplug the 30 pin connector. I have several in different rooms of the house. At times it takes like 3 minutes for the charge to start. Sometimes right away. Sometimes never.

Usually switching the supply off at the wall or unplug and replug to the wall with everything else still connected wakes up the charger for some reason.

I attribute it to a dodgy connection on the 30 pin or I am guessing there is some sensor circuit that recognizes a charger with power is available but I really don't know.

I have several aftermarket chargers (belkin and griffin) both ac and cigarrette plug and these never fail me.

Most reactions

Latest posts