1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

My iPad won't charge

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by mikeb23, May 27, 2012.

1. mikeb23

mikeb23 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So, I recently realized that the iPad charger was also a usb cable. I was playing around with it a little and unhooked and hooked it back into the adapter or the charger, whatever its called. Now, when I try to charge my iPad after plugging it in, it won't let me do it.

Any ideas why? Its a new iPad I bought about 6 weeks ago.
  2. ExCalif

ExCalif iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I have found finnicky behavior with the apple chargers. I leave the charger plugged in and just plug and unplug the 30 pin connector. I have several in different rooms of the house. At times it takes like 3 minutes for the charge to start. Sometimes right away. Sometimes never.

Usually switching the supply off at the wall or unplug and replug to the wall with everything else still connected wakes up the charger for some reason.

I attribute it to a dodgy connection on the 30 pin or I am guessing there is some sensor circuit that recognizes a charger with power is available but I really don't know.

I have several aftermarket chargers (belkin and griffin) both ac and cigarrette plug and these never fail me.
  3. eKindom

eKindom iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0