What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 not charging when battery goes below 10%

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad 2 that has a problem with charging.

i hadn't used it for a while and then had a problem with it getting to charge and start up. But somehow by pressing the home and power button a number of times differently it started up and has been working perfectly. But I let the battery drop to under 10% the other day and now can't get the charge to get up above 5 %. The battery otherwise is fine and lasts a good amount of time.

i would really appreciate it if someone could give me some help as to help as to how to get the battery charging. I can't remember what I did exactly last time. If anyone has any idea as to what to do it would be great.

Its not not the cable or charger I think as it works fine the rest of the time, I bought a new charger, so it could possibly be the cable but that wouldn't explain why it works perfectly the rest of the time

i tried restarting it. And it has been charging all night but the battery is still 5%.

Many thanks

Brian 244

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Likely not the battery itself that is the issue.Check the ipad dock connector for damage. Otherwise it could be a logic board issue which would not be repairable.

jesskoh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It could be the U2 Ic of the iPad.

U2 ic problem usually shows when the battery drains totally and after charging it up, it does not go up.

It is repairable by a skilled motherboard technician.

iPad 2/3 U2 IC

Most reactions