What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I need a normal eu charger for my iPad 2

fribourg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought my iPad in a local hypermarket and it came with what I would say is a US charger, anyway I cannot charge my iPad using a power supply socket eg. Home power supply. I noticed that trying to charge it using the USB cable only works when the iPad is turned off and even slow it takes ages to recharge.

Anybody know a place I could order one transformer cable for my iPad 2 cheap?

Thanks in advance

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
fribourg said:
I bought my iPad in a local hypermarket and it came with what I would say is a US charger, anyway I cannot charge my iPad using a power supply socket eg. Home power supply. I noticed that trying to charge it using the USB cable only works when the iPad is turned off and even slow it takes ages to recharge.

Thanks in advance

Amazon would be my first port of call.

The Archangel

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Thanks in advance

You'll find the plug part of the charger is detachable (it's a close fit, so can be difficult to see how it detaches). At any Apple store - or on-line - you can buy an EU power plug - i.e just the detachable part and not the whole charger. As you have noticed a USB PC socket charges the iPad very slowly. The iPad charger is a special high-current charger that charges the iPad much more quickly.

Tim

OP
fribourg

fribourg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the options but neither Amazon or apple store ships to my country :( I cannot find any adapter to fit in the slot when the charger is detached in local stores or online shops locally. I was wondering if anyone knows of a online store preferably based in EU that sells them for 20 25$.

Reaction score
fribourg said:
Thanks for the options but neither Amazon or apple store ships to my country :( I cannot find any adapter to fit in the slot when the charger is detached in local stores or online shops locally. I was wondering if anyone knows of a online store preferably based in EU that sells them for 20 25$.

That is odd, that none of the above ship to your country. Where do you live?

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Thanks in advance
Amazon.com $14.95 (used)you get an official Apple 10 watt charger brick and cable. That is what you need. Search in Electronics ... type in iPad charger.

Update ... since you are not in US, try Apple direct ... $29.00 or find a store that distributes iPads... they might have them. There are no cheap substitutes.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad charger connects to its power plug (the detachable part) via an international standard so-called IEC connector. Any IEC connector - typically one that comes with even domestic appliances - will fit. OK - it's not as neat as the small Apple part but it fits perfectly.

I use one off my old portable stereo - it's a simple two-pin connector - look around your house, I'd be amazed if you didn't have one.

Tim

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
fribourg said:

Hold on, you say you bought an iPad in the local hypermarket yet neither amazon or apple ship to your country........something is definitely wrong here.......it really would be so much easier if you told us your location, how can we help if you tell us neither ship to you but don't tell us where you are? Is it a secret?

The Archangel

OP
fribourg

fribourg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks mad hatter, I currently have nobody in the US to help me out people are busy these days.. But yeah I found what I was looking for for only 10$ Free shipping here
5V2A USB Charger For EU Plug if anyone needs cheap accessories.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I was surprised too, but apparently Amazon.com doesn't quite ship everywhere for everything.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_468520_intl596184?ie=UTF8&nodeId=596184]Amazon.com Help: International Shipping[/ame]

A good sized list, but lots of missing countries.

Reaction score

Most reactions

Latest posts