What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't get rid of 'Can't Verify Server ID'

PaulSBodine

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I get the message "Cannot Verify Server Identity. Wi-Fi can't verify the identity of '1.1.1.1'. Would you like to continue anyway?" It then gives me the choices "Cancel," "Details," and "Continue." But when I press any one of these nothing happens. I can't get rid of the screen. The slider doesn't work and using the iPad power off button doesn't resolve the issue.

The problem first arose after I went through the X-ray machine at an airport. At the time, I did not have the Airplane wireless off function activated, if that makes a difference. I am now at my destination (I am overseas) but the problem persists so it is not location-specific. Please help. Are there are any workarounds or so I have to take it to an Apple store?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You could try a soft reset. Hold down the power and home button until the Apple logo appears. The iPad should then reset. This will take a bit longer than restarting the iPad, so be patient.

Most reactions

Latest posts