What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't verify apple id!

iwhat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello there,

I recently decided to change my apple id to a new address that I use instead of the previous one which received gigaload of spams. But the problem is I can't verify my apple id. The link that is send to me from apple leads to email verification page but always says

"Your request could not be completed.

We apologize but we are unable to verify the link you are using to access this page."

I resend the verification email like 10 times and clicked on the link,tried copying and pasting and even directly opening it but to no good . I either get an odd Error page or the page with the message I pasted above. Now itunes won't let me download anything or update my
apps in ipad and Desktop. I am stuck. I even tried with another email from entirely another service(Zoho) but the same problem. What am I supposed to do in this situation?

I searched in google but didn't notice any such complaints so I am afraid to report it to apple directly,thinking that I might have broken something.

Thanks and any suggestion is appreciated :)

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just to recap:

MY Apple ID is my email address, then I enter my password. I must do this to access iTunes in any way.

Is this what you are talking about?

You changed your ID?

OP
I

iwhat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just to recap:

MY Apple ID is my email address, then I enter my password. I must do this to access iTunes in any way.

Is this what you are talking about?

You changed your ID?

Eh that was way too fast!!!

Yep I know we enter our email and pass,what I did is I went to Apple ID Management and changed my login id(in your case that is "MY Apple ID is my email address") to a different one so that I don't have to go back to that cursed spam plagued inbox,I can loginto the apple id management and itunes as well but can't download stuff as it send me to a page that says
"A verification email is send please check your inbox...".

I think my email client is messing with the link. I will go directly in webmail interface and see if something is messing with the link.

BTW thank for your quick response.

OP
I

iwhat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow!! That solved it. I mean I went to my email inbox directly from browser instead of thunderbird and found that thunderbird stripped a few bits of alpahbets from the link so it was obviously failing,after comparing with the thunderbird copy of email with its online version I clicked the url from the online version and voila! it worked,my id is now verified.

Thanks for your quickest responses,now lets see what happened to you,I will grab some popcorn as your problems seem to extend to double-digit page numbers :)

Hey thanks again and remove this thread as it can get confusing for others.

lovely singh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
plz help me as i cannot verify my apple id....its been difficult like hell....ive tried everything but everytime ido so a messege appears saying"ur time has sessioned out "

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts