What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't create a folder

Jllaneza

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I try to create a folder on the menu I do the following - hold an icon until it jiggles then drag it over another icon. Rather the creating a new folder it simply runs away from each other. I thought this was the correct procedure.

iPadster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Make sure you are running 4.2. It won't work with previous versions

wrecklass

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is also a bug if one of the icons is at he end of the row it will move instead of letting you create a folder. I suspect this slipped by Apple's QA because they rushed 4.2 out, with the onslaught of competition coming at them.

Loritap

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Make sure you are running 4.2. It won't work with previous versions
Ok, so what does that mean "make sure you are running 4.2?" How do you know you have 4.2 running? Will I be able to fix this so I can create folders? Or did I get a dud from Apple?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Loritap said:
Ok, so what does that mean "make sure you are running 4.2?" How do you know you have 4.2 running? Will I be able to fix this so I can create folders? Or did I get a dud from Apple?

Go to the settings App then General>About and scroll down to Version, next to that will be a number, what is the number? (should be something like 4.x.x or 5.x.x).

The Archangel

Loritap

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Go to the settings App then General>About and scroll down to Version, next to that will be a number, what is the number? (should be something like 4.x.x or 5.x.x).

The Archangel

I noticed that I have 3.2.2. I bought my iPad a month before iPad 2 came out. Do you know what version you're buying when you're purchasing it? I guess I want to know why I don't have a 4.x.x version? I thought all you had to worry about was the wifi, GBs, 3G, etc? Can I upgrade my iPad without buying a new one?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Loritap said:
I noticed that I have 3.2.2. I bought my iPad a month before iPad 2 came out. Do you know what version you're buying when you're purchasing it? I guess I want to know why I don't have a 4.x.x version? I thought all you had to worry about was the wifi, GBs, 3G, etc? Can I upgrade my iPad without buying a new one?

There is no way of telling what version of iOS an iPad is running until you get it out of the box.

You certainly can upgrade the iOS to the latest version.....and all for free. Connect it to your Mac/PC and click on the iPad name in the left hand pane of iTunes. The main iTunes window will then have a message saying something like "there is new software available for your iPad" all you then need to do is follow the onscreen instructions.

The Archangel

Most reactions

Latest posts