What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Create new folders?

Scruba

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know how to drag into a folder but how do i create a new folder?

Cheers,

Scott (newbie)

Fabytm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You press and hold an icon, they start to giggle, you press and hold again that icon, and move it over another.Done.

OP
S

Scruba

iPF Noob
Reaction score
G'day Fabytm. Got that down pat. How do I create a new folder to store like Apps? e.g. business apps? I guess that once i have more than one I drag them all together?

MachThree

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, as far as I know the only way to create a new folder is to drag one app's icon on top of another. Sort of silly in that there doesn't seem to be a way to create a folder without starting out with two icons in it. You can remove one later but if you empty out the folder entirely it gets removed.

silly5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a question for you on making the folders for the apps. I have 3 pages of apps. I have created a folder on each of those 3 pages for "games". I'd like to combine all games into 1 folder instead and of course just on 1 page. I can't seem to (even though there is room) send apps from one page to the previous page or even 1 games folder to a previous page. Basically to consolidate. I've tried to make it wiggle and then guide it back left and it bounces off the side of the screen not wanting to go. Any help would be great. Thanks

silly5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I actually just did more searching and saw this in another post about folders. It worked and for now is an easy work around........

"To move an app to a different screen, just drag one to the bottom tab bar, page back to the different screen and then just move it back up with the rest. "

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You Can't combine existing folders , the same way you combine clean fresh icons (programs). You need to open the "folder" , and move it's icons to another "folder". In that way you can collect all your games into one "folder"
( I am ashamed to call that a folder, but that is as closed as Apple can get the iPAD to a real PC)
But remember
You ban have up to 20 App's per Single Folder.
I don't know how many screen you can create by moving icon Applications to side I think it's 12 or 16.

See that Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXssR84Ga4A&feature=player_embedded#!

Last edited:

MachThree

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I actually just did more searching and saw this in another post about folders. It worked and for now is an easy work around........

"To move an app to a different screen, just drag one to the bottom tab bar, page back to the different screen and then just move it back up with the rest. "

That works but there's a better way. Plus that way won't work well if you've already filled the bottom tab bar up to capacity with apps you actually want to keep there.

Basically, once you've got the icons wiggling, drag the app in question over to the side, to the edge of the screen. Hold it there for a second or so (it doesn't happen right away). The screen will now scroll to the next/prev home screen. You can hold the icon there and the screens will continue to scroll, or you can deposit the icon once you reach the screen you want to move it to.

silly5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MachThree - thank you! your way does work. it is so finicky as far as if you go to far left the icon bounces away from your finger and back but yes if you go just perfect and hold for maybe 3 seconds it flips the page. Thanks!!

Most reactions

Latest posts