What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Cannot RESTORE, ERROR 3200" ....After downloading io5...

dsuden

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looking forward to all the nice free new features, but I'm less than concerned if I can't get the update installed right this instant. The bandwidth load at Apple has to be colossal right now. I'm happy to just be a little patient under the circumstances.

davidalan99

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Same message, no number. Followed the direction in the more information button, no avail. Must be an overload issue on Apples part. Good news is my iPad (trying that first) seems to still be working.
OK so Apples a little tied up at the moment. Since I have already downloaded the update does anyone know:
1) How can you tell if the download was OK?
2) Will I have to download it again (the update) when I do this for my iPhone?

scotland66

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just keep trying! Itl work in the end, after umpteen errors, I'm now up and running on 5.0 :)

qnet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.network-creations.net
I think there may be some confusion. I'm not sure about anyone else but, this is happening after I've downloaded the update. I don't get a error 3200 (or whatever it is) when it tries to extract the software to do the actual upgrade is when this happens. It just says it can't restore because of an internal error.

msstormies

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
I was feeling really good with the update downloading in 15 minutes, extracting and backing up working---until I received this error. I tried to restart the PC and restart the itunes to do the update again-and had the same message. I called Apple support and the kind lady told me that this error has coming up frequently because of the server being bogged down. Her recommendation is to try the update later when it might not be so congested.

Hope this helps anybody out. I asked if I should do anything else to my router, security updates etc--she told me no. :eek:

Thank u sloop much I was receiving the same error.
Mstormy

scotland66

iPF Noob
Reaction score
qnet said:
I think there may be some confusion. I'm not sure about anyone else but, this is happening after I've downloaded the update. I don't get a error 3200 (or whatever it is) when it tries to extract the software to do the actual upgrade is when this happens. It just says it can't restore because of an internal error.

Don't worry it's the servers. The same was with me, I downloaded the software no problem, it was after the download that I also got the "internal error" not specifically 3200 error. I did though keep changing the USB connection and after umpteen try's it worked!

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all I have given up for today on the update but can anyone confirm if apps like Tom Tom etc. Work on iso5
For iPhone

msstormies

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OP
skimonkey

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I was feeling really good with the update downloading in 15 minutes, extracting and backing up working---until I received this error. I tried to restart the PC and restart the itunes to do the update again-and had the same message. I called Apple support and the kind lady told me that this error has coming up frequently because of the server being bogged down. Her recommendation is to try the update later when it might not be so congested.

Hope this helps anybody out. I asked if I should do anything else to my router, security updates etc--she told me no. :eek:

This Skimonkey again,
I started this thread and wanted to give you all an update. I attempted to do back up 5 times, and continued to get several errors such as 3200, 3014 and also the "ipad software update server could not be contacted or is temporarily unavailable."

I plug/replugged/restarted pc and ipad--but frankly guys---it just takes a lot of tries and patience. You may think it is an error on your end, but most probably it is because everybody in world is doing this right now. So FINALLY--I SUCCEEDED!! HIP HIP WOOT WOOT! Now I have to do my ipod touch!! :D

So I am on-I can't figure out how to respond to posts from this forum on my ipad now...so will figure this out. I chose not to use the icloud right now-need to learn more about it for now. I am sure that most of us is new to this-I believe I have a mobile me account...just have to find it...

danielgfreeman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unplug your ipad and plug it back in, it works

I have been attempting to install iOS5 for over 4 hours now and still unsuccessful. Unplugging has had NO effect. Installing OS X 10.7.2, no effect. Obvious restarts of both MAC and iPad2 NO effect. I am getting frustrated as the download only took about 45 minutes with a busy serer, but i CAN NOT INSTALL!!!

Yoshiii

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPod is taking really long to back up. I backed it up the first time - 45 Minutes. And THEN the ERROR message came up.

It's backing up again (been a half hour), should I have done something different for this time?

Most reactions

Latest posts