What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

upating error

jewells68

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I turned on the ipad today and there is about one inch straight across the screen that was just colored lines on boot up but once it is up and loaded it is black strip. so I went apples ever so confusing tech help and finally after an hr of searching was told it probably needed a software up date. so I plug in and sync try to update. Update fails and says i need to update itunes on the pc. i update itunes to find that fails as I needed to up date quicktime? or something. So I update that reupdate itunes resync the ipad redowload the ipad software update for it to fail yet again with a error message that reads " there was a problem downloading the software for the ipad. The network connection timed out. make sure your network settings are correct and your network connection is active or try again later" So I tried again and once again it failed so the same error. Can someone please tell me what I need to do to fix this I am ever so frustrated after spending the better part of the afternoon trying to get this up and running properly. Thanks in advance.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
When updating the iPad, the download only option tends to work better than the download and upgrade option. Some people have found it necessary to turn off their firewall and/or antivirus software while downloading the update. Don't forget to turn them back on if you try this.

Most reactions

Latest posts