What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cannot charge iPad 2

Kev126

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A friend of mine encountered this problem......she suddenly just can't charge her iPad 2. Whenever she plugged in, the message "not charging" will appear. She tried with different original charger but she still encounter the same problem. From my own experience, this message "not charging" will only appear when we do syncing or when downloading some apps from Apps Store. Could someone help?

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Kev126 said:
A friend of mine encountered this problem......she suddenly just can't charge her iPad 2. Whenever she plugged in, the message "not charging" will appear. She tried with different original charger but she still encounter the same problem. From my own experience, this message "not charging" will only appear when we do syncing or when downloading some apps from Apps Store. Could someone help?

Charging will not take place when connected to a USB port on a computer. The voltage is not sufficient. There are however some gadgets that can be inserted between iPad and USB which will boost the voltage. I believe these are available online, and maybe at PC World.

Having said that I think maybe there is a damaged pin on the connector plug ? Care should lays be taken when connecting. The pins are quite small. Suggest a call to Apple for help.

Most reactions

Latest posts